Sport offerings for the FALL SEASON at Miller Place High School are for students currently in grades 9th-12th. Students who are in either 7th or 8th Grade are eligible to participate ONLY through a direct recommendation by the Varsity Coach. Additionally this will require the student-athlete passing the New York State APP Testing protocols and being in good standing academically. If there are questions on this procedure please contact the Athletic Office @ 631-474-2723 x 307
For the upcoming season, please choose one sport that you intend to participate.
* You MUST have a valid 2020-2021 sports physical on file with the nurse's office BEFORE you can try-out & participate. That physical must have a validation date of 8/18/2019 or after for football...or 8/25/2019 for all other Fall Sports.
* You must complete all necessary registration information through FamilyID...including acknowledgment forms
* No registration will be considered finalized until ALL required fields are complete.
To request a change to a different sport you may do so up until the registration end-date simply by altering your registration through FamilyID. After the season begins, in order to switch teams the coach MUST agree for you to join late, and there cannot be roster cuts involved in the process. Please contact the Athletic Office for assistance with this process.
1. Boys Cross Country, Girls Cross Country & Cheerleading are VARSITY ONLY teams.
2. SOCCER PLAYERS are allowed to apply for dual participation as a "kicker" on the VAR or JV football teams. Contact the Athletic Office for the proper procedures if there is such an interest.
3. BOYS GOLF is a combined program with Comsewogue HS. There will be tryouts and likely cuts due to a limited roster at the coach's discretion. Miller Place School District WILL NOT PROVIDE daily transportation to Pine Ridge GC (Coram) for practices...this must be handled by the individual families involved. We will provide a 1-way bus to drop off participants at Comsewogue HS on match dates. No bus is provided to bring home students from Comsewogue HS or from Pine Ridge Golf Course.
4. INDEPENDENT SWIMMING & GYMNASTICS (GIRLS) - The Miller Place School District does not sponsor a team but will assist in the process of helping you compete as an "individual competitor." You must be a member of a registered club team in order to obtain the required practice days. Because of the strict structure gymnastics & swimming will have a limited roster size. Once approved for competition you will be assigned a District approved coaching supervisor to act as a liaison for meets, but your club & coach must handle the documentation of practices. If you have questions about the process please contact the Athletic Office.
Director of Athletics