The program includes all the information needed in order to participate in an athletic program at Mount Everett. Please read carefully and be sure to sign in all appropriate places. This process needs to be completed prior to participation in each individual season.
In order to participate in an athletic program you must:
- Have a copy of a valid physical within the last 13 months on file with the nurse's office. (Please note that a student is immediately ineligible if his/her current physical expires during the season.)
- Sign the Mount Everett High School Athletic Permission Agreement (included)
- Answer all questions about head injuries and concussions, and sign Pre-Participation Head Injury/Concussion Agreement (included)
- Read ImPact Concussion Baseline Test Information (included)
- Read about Prescription Opioid Misuse Prevention (included)
- Sign Prescription Opioid Misuse Prevention Parent/Player Agreement (included)
- Provide proof of concussion education once each school year. This can be accomplished in two ways. Parents and players can take the on-line concussion class at www.nfhs.org click on the athletics section and then print out a certificate (the certificate should be in the parent's name and the player should sign his/her name under the parent name), and upload the completed certificate within this registration. Parents and players can also go to the policies section of this registration, find the three pages of concussion information that needs to be read, and sign the parent and player agreement (included).
- Take the ImPact Concussion Baseline Test every two years. No player can practice or play without a valid test score.
FAILURE TO COMPLETE THIS REGISTRATION ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE FIRST PRACTICE DATE WILL RESULT IN A PLAYER BEING INELIGIBLE TO START THE SEASON.
Any questions, email Athletic Director Josh King at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at the school (413-229-8734 ext. 357).