NEW all parents/guardians and students must watch a 6 minute video presented by:
NJ Cares and NJSIAA educating student athletes and their parents about the risks associated with sports injuries and opioid use. In the agreements/policy section there is a statement acknowledging that both have viewed the video. Athlete's vs Opioids
Registration must be completed by February 21st
NO PAPERWORK CAN BE UPLOADED TO FAMILY ID
Please follow directions outlined below:
Please be advised that the purpose of the online registration is to have the policies previously agreed upon and completed on paper be more efficient and streamline the approval process. Each season over 350 athletes will need their academic eligibility determined, physical & Impact test dates reviewed and prepare clearances for the coaching staffs.
A general rule of thumb for athletic registration is each season Family ID will be open max 90 days prior to the official start date of a season (check NJSIAA.org) but no less than 2 months prior to the start date. Each registration period will close 2 weeks before the official season start date to complete all clearances described above with no exceptions.
Physicals should be turned into your Coach or an assistant coach in the building, if he/she is not in the building drop off to health office during blocks 3 or 4 immediately after completion. Please follow the directions on the physical checklist to ensure approval of your physical is not delayed. Physicals should not be scanned, emailed, faxed or dropped off at the main office. 9th graders ONLY need to turn in NEW/UPDATED physicals to the high school.
Check with your insurance carrier to determine whether or not a physical is allowed every 365 days or once per calendar year.
The following will be required for athletic participation
- Parent/Guardian and student athlete must complete the Family ID registration
- Have valid physical completed on the NJ Dept of Education PPE form approved by the district's physician. PPE is only remaining paper form. Your physician MUST sign the cardiac statement . DO NOT SEND FAXES, SCANS, OR EMAILS OF PHYSICALS to the athletic department.
- All yes answers on physical form must be explained with a date or age
- Physicals dates from previous seasons are visible on Family ID
- Baseline ImPACT tested within the last two years. Impact test dates are visible on your Family ID account. All freshmen in their first season must baseline test. Coaches will distribute instructions, instructions are not available online.
- Attained required academic credits for participation as per the NJSIAA
- District physician must approve physical prior to participation, this will take a minimum of 48 hours from the time the physician receives the physical.
- Please follow directions on Family ID and Physical checklist sheet to ensure approval for participation in a timely manner.
USE YOUR EXISTING ACCOUNT INFORMATION IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY REGISTERED ON FAMILY ID. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT OR A NEW PARTICIPANT FOR AN EXISTING STUDENT. INFORMATION ENTERED BY THE SCHOOL WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AND WILL DELAY APPROVAL
IF YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED PREVIOUSLY:
Please have the following information available before registering:
- Doctor's information
- Insurance Information
- Student ID optional
- Students that attend satellite schools enter Student Id as zeros or use middle school ID #
- ImPACT dates are visible from previous seasons
- Only take the ImPACT if it has been two years since last or never have
Students and parent/guardian must electronically sign for most policy agreement statements
Only register for ONE sport. The athletic department will switch activities if necessary for a participant.
You will receive a confirmation email from Family ID once your registration is completed and an Approved email when the student's physical is approved for participation (if necessary). Students with a valid physical from a previous season will not be emailed. A live link to registrations will be available online to check the status of the registration.