A parent/guardian must complete the online registration with the student. All asterisk items must be filled in and must contain accurate information. Any student-athlete under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign all agreements and policies.
29th Annual Somerville Schools Track & Field Championships
For 7th/8th graders
-Wednesday, March 14th, 2018
3:00 pm Field Events – 3:15 pm Running Events
Brune Fieldhouse Track @ Somerville High
50 yard Hurdles
50 yard Dash
220 yard run (for 5th/6th graders)
4 x 1 lap (160 yards) relay
- Athletes will be allowed to run in one event, compete in one Field Event (High Jump or Shot Put) and run in one of two relay teams allowed for each school (2 for boys & 2 for Girls)
- There will be an optional practices will be held on Monday, March 5th and Monday March 12th from 3-4 pm at SHS for Shot Put, High Jump & Hurdles.
- medals for 1st place & ribbons will be presented to the top 5 overall finishers in each event
- Points scored during the meet will determine a Boys & Girls team champion & winning teams will be presented with a plaque.
- Scoring will be based on 8-6-4-2-1 for 1st through 5th places (the 220 yard race for 5th/6th graders will count in the overall scoring)
- Highlander T- Shirts will be presented to the winner’s in each event
- Joe Hrubi Memorial Trophy to Boys Team Champion/ Jean Foley Memorial Trophy to Girls Team Champion & Vin Cronin Memorial Plaque to the combined Team Champions.
- Athletes will sign up for events on the day of the meet and will be allowed to enter the Fieldhouse at 2:45 pm
- SHS Track PAC members & athletes will assist as meet officials; however, continued support from competing schools teaching staff is vital.
- Running events will proceed in the order listed above with Boys followed by Girls. In the Field Events, Girls will High Jump first, while Boys throw the Shot Put (8 pounds) first.