Please note registration deadline for all FALL Sports 2020 is June 5th 2020.
Please note- completed sports physical is NOT necessary for registration.
If a school provided sports physical is Needed: *Deadline for submitting sports physical paperwork (signed) to the nurse is July 27th 2020 (physicals are valid for 365 days). Physical packets are available online, and also to be picked up from the nurse office when the COVID-19 shut down is lifted. Nurse will give your student appointment date and time for physical once paperwork has been submitted. You may also take the sports physical paperwork from online and go to your home physician or med express.
*During school closure- submit physical paperwork by uploading it directly to family ID during the registration process, mailing it to the school- 1300 market street- attention school nurse; or waiting until COVID-19 shut down is removed.
You as the parent are to complete the registration. Before beginning registration please have the following available:
b) your student athlete will need to sign forms and watch a short video
All students must register for athletics online before they may participate in any way.
The following is required before your student may participate in a Gloucester City Athletics program.
- Online Registration has been completed.
- Approved SPORTS Physical Forms are on file with the school nurse and dated within 365 days prior to the first practice.
- The student is academically eligible for participation; as well as attendance and discipline criteria according to the district student handbook.
Due to State regulations, physicals must be conducted at the medical home of the student and a report sent to the school on our district form. Please send Physical Forms to the school nurse as soon as possible. They can be sent electronically through family ID or mailed. All physicals must be completed 365 days prior to the first practice. All physicals must be 365 days current. Forms are available in the nurse's office; as well as on the athletics page for download (GHS website). If your child uses an inhaler, you and the doctor must complete the Self Administration of Medication Form and the Asthma Action Plan before practice will be allowed.
Note: Any student who does not have a medical home. District physicals will be offered for spring sports-signed paperwork must be to the nurse by July 27th.
Attention Diabetic and Asthmatic Athletes: Athletes with diabetes are advised to bring in extra snacks to be kept in the athletic trainer's office during sports participation to serve as a backup to the athlete's personal supplies. Asthmatics must have their rescue inhaler present on the field, court, etc. for all games and practices.
- Asthma Action Plan and Asthma Self Administration Form
- For any athletes with Asthma, the Asthma Action Plan Asthma Self Administration Form is to be completed by both the parent/guardian, the student, and signed by the physician. This form should be on file in the nurse's office.
- Student athletes need to have an epi-pen with them for all practices and games.
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan