Registration for Spring Sports will begin on Saturday, February 1st, 2020 and will close on the first day of tryouts for each sport.
Spring sports practices/tryouts will begin on the following dates:
Monday, March 23rd
- Boys Lacrosse
- Girls Lacrosse
- Spring Track & Field
- Boys Tennis
- Girls Tennis
Tuesday, March 31st
- Unified Volleyball
Preseason Athletic Information Night:
There will be a mandatory preseason athletic informational night for athletes, coaches, and parents on Thursday, April 2nd beginning at 6:00 PM in the H. Dana Taylor Gymnasium. All athletes and at least one parent are required to attend. Please save the date!
Before any student-athlete can participate in tryouts the following requirements must be met:
- The parents/guardians are responsible for filling out this form completely and ensuring that any and all medical information concerning your child's health, medical concerns, injuries, medications and allergies are reported to the Athletic Department & Coaches. The email address for the primary FamilyID account owner must belong to a parent/guardian for the registration to be valid.
- The parents/guardians and student athletes must read and agree to the Co-Curricular Expectations on the registration page.
- All students must have a copy of a valid physical on file in the athletic office. Physicals for returning student athletes must be dated within two years of tryouts. All incoming students and those students who have not participated in athletics prior to this upcoming season must submit to the athletic office a copy of a physical that is dated on or after July 1, 2017. It is recommended students submit recent physicals when they receive them. Physicals can be uploaded directly or dropped off at the athletic office.
- All students must be academically eligible. Merrimack School District policy is that a student must have earned a 1.67 Grade Point Average (GPA) and have passed a minimum of four academic classes in the previous marking period.
- All student athletes MUST take the Impact test PRIOR to participating in school athletics. This is a cognitive baseline test that will aid our medical staff in the event of a concussion. Impact test is good for two years. (Non-contact sports are excluded).