Dear Parents and Guardians of Middle School Student-Athletes,
The purpose of this letter is to inform all Point Pleasant Borough Middle School parents/guardians of student athletes regarding the changes to the athletic participation physical process. Below, you will find bullet points that explain the new process:
- Every physical conducted by a medical home physician, advanced practice nurse (APN), or physician assistant (PA) MUST be reviewed and signed by the school physician prior to your child participating in his/her sport. Therefore, it is imperative that all physicals are completed and submitted to the school nurse at least one week prior to the start of the season.
- *NEW Any licensed physician, APN, or physician assistant conducting a student athlete physical MUST acknowledge he/she has completed the cardiac screening module by signing under that section on the Clearance Form page (4) . It is recommended that you verify that your medical provider has completed this module prior to scheduling an appointment for a PPE.
- A physical will not be accepted that does not include all COMPLETED Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation forms, including the newly added Clearance form. We do not accept faxed physicals.
- Any student athlete that has a current physical dated within one (1) year from the time of the first practice of the season is eligible to participate for the season, however, a Health History Update Questionnaire must be completed and dated 90 days prior to the first practice of the season. This Questionnaire is now paperless and completed through the FamilyID website.
- Other required forms, as well as, athletic registration must be completed each season through the online website FamilyID at https://www.familyid.com/point.... This website will help the athletic department be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible.
Additional information can be found on our athletic website at: http://www.pointpleasantborough.new.rschooltoday.com/. As always, if you have any questions regarding the physical process and/or the new cardiac screening opportunity, feel free to contact the athletic secretary, Nancy Mallow, or myself at 732-701-1900 x2227.
Supervisor of Athletics