Marblehead Public Schools offers an Integrated Preschool Program designed to meet the needs of children ages 3-5 that have been identified in need of specially designed instruction due to a disability. The Integrated Preschool Program includes other preschool children from the community to serve as typically developing peers. Peers being considered for admission for the 2020-2021 school year must be 3 years old by 8/31/20 and will be screened. The purpose of the screening is to review a child's development and to assist in the identification of those children who should be referred for an evaluation to determine eligibility for special education services. Tuition is charged for peer model students. The Marblehead Integrated Preschool Program is an inclusive, multi-sensory program that serves both children with special needs and typically developing children from the community often referred to as "peer models."
A language-based developmental classroom model is offered because all children learn differently and at different rates. This model ensures the integration of students with varying disabilities. Individual and group activities are designed to ensure that all children are challenged and that they all have the opportunity for continuing progress. The classroom provides children with the opportunities to actively participate in activities that foster growth.
- The 30 minute screening involves a brief overview of fine motor, gross motor, cognitive and language skills.
- Parents fill out a brief questionnaire while children participate in screening.
- Your child must have successfully passed the screening process prior to registering
- The PRE-K registration packet must be completed
- The PRE-K Screening Parent Questionnaire must be completed
- Child must be 3 years of age to be a "peer model"
- All peer models must be fully toilet trained
Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri
Two preschool sessions:
AM - 8:00-10:45
PM - 11:30-2:15
Half day: $2,251
Full day: $4,449