****PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM TO REGISTER FOR KINDERGARTEN FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR ***
**NYS guidelines physical exams performed as of 2/1/21 and forward must be submitted on the attached form**
In addition to the completed registration packet, you are also required to provide the following documentation in order to complete the registration process:
REQUIRED FORMS CAN BE FOUND IN THE LINKS SECTION
PLEASE REFER TO THE LINKS SECTION FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO SCAN DOCUMENTS
1. Proof of Age - Original Birth Certificate or, if not available. Record of Baptism (domestic or foreign), Passport (domestic or foreign) or any of the following documents if in existence for at least two years:
- Official Drivers License
- State or other Government-Issued identification
- School photo identification with date of birth
- Consulate identification card
- Hospital or health records
- Military dependent identification card
- Documents issued by Federal, State or Local Agencies (i.e., local Social Service Agency or Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)
- Court Orders or Other court-issued documents
- Native American Tribal document; or
Records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies
2. Recent Photo of Student
3. Record of Immunizations
4. Current Physical — no later than 12 months old - (form is available to print under LINKS and upload where indicated)
5. Previous School Records if available — most recent Report Card. IEP. etc.
PLEASE PRINT AND SIGN A RELEASE FOR RECORDS FOR ALL STUDENTS ( REQUIRED )
6. 3 Proofs of Residency — see “Verification of Residency & Custody Information” Form
7. Custody — lf child is not living with both parents, legal custody documentation must be provided if available, or custody affidavits must be completed. A Care, Custody and Control Affidavit is available upon request.
PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY( REQUIRED )
As part of the process of registering a child in the Mahopac School District, you are being asked to provide information that will allow the district to verify that this child is legally entitled to an education in Mahopac. The education of each child in our schools is a responsibility we take seriously. Each one requires space, staff time and supplies that are expenses borne by the district. We hope that you will understand the obligation we have to our taxpayers to be sure that we are enrolling only those children who have a right to that education.
Parents/guardians are responsible for tuition payment if the parents’ PRIMARY residence is not within the Mahopac Central School District. If you move from the Mahopac Central School District and do not withdraw your children in accordance with district policy, you will also be responsible for tuition.
NOTE: Education Law (Section 3202.1) states that the residence of the parent is the official residence of the student.
PRIMARY LEGAL RESIDENCE
You will be required to present proof that you do reside within the Mahopac School District, as follows:
Section A (one item requested)
• Proof of Ownership of a House or Condominium, such as a copy of Deed or Mortgage Statement
• Copy of Residential Lease/Rental Agreement
• A sworn or unsworn statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent leases or shares property within the District establishing physical presence *
• Other forms of documentation/information to establish physical presence such as a current homeowner’s/renter’s insurance policy (also see Section B)
Section B (two items requested):
• Income Tax Forms
• Utility or other bills
• Member documents based upon residency (e.g.. library card)
• Voter Registration documents
• Official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver ID
• State or other government issued identification
• Documents issued by Federal. State or Local agencies (e.g. Local Social Service Agency, Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement
• Evidence of custody of the child
• Other forms of documentation/information establishing physical presence in the District
*The Landlord Affidavit and Residency Affidavit are available on our website or upon request from the Office of Central Registration.
CARE, CUSTODY AND CONTROL
Under New York State law, a child is entitled to attend school in the district which he/she resides. Usually this will be with the parent(s) of the child. At times, however, the child is living with someone other than the parent. The child is then considered to reside with the person who has Care, Custody and Control.
If you are registering your own child and that child lives with you, it is assumed that as a parent you have care, custody and control. If this is not the case, you will be asked for further information at registration.