To be eligible to participate in Litchfield's Athletic Program, students must:
1. Have a valid Physical Examination on file in the School Nurse's office.
2. Have fulfilled all Academic Eligibility Requirements.
3. Register with Family ID (see below, must only be completed once) and complete High School Athletic Registration (below).
Physical Examination Requirements:
1. Prior to the first tryout/practice session, all prospective student-athletes are required to pass a physical exam by a physician.
2. Completed physical examination forms must be on file in the School Nurse's Office prior to the first tryout/practice session.
3. The physical examination is valid for 13 months and must cover athletes for the entire sports season (including tryout period).
4. Should the physical examination expire during the course of the sports season, the athlete will be required to be examined prior to the date of the physical examinations expiration, otherwise, continued participation is prohibited.
Litchfield High/Middle School Academic Eligibility Requirements:
Litchfield Middle/High School students must be passing a minimum of five (5) units of work. Grades are based on the last marking period. For a fall sport, eligibility is based on receiving credit toward graduation at the close of the preceding school year in at least five (5) units of work. If a student is academically ineligible at the start of a season, he/she may participate in tryouts. If the student makes the team, they will not be allowed to compete until academic eligibility is reinstated. After consulting with the athletic coordinator and coach, the school administration will decide as to when or if participation may resume.
During the school year, a student must have received a passing mark in at least four (5) quarter Carnegie Units of work or its equivalent at the end of the regular marking period preceding the contest. Student eligibility will be determined for all students on the date that report cards are distributed or on the fourteenth calendar day following the end of the marking period, whichever comes first. No Carnegie Unit or equivalent for which the student has already received credit shall be included in those required by this rule.
Winter 2019-2020 Middle School Athletic Preseason Practice Schedules:
REGISTRATION DEADLINE - January 17th
Contact Athletic Coordinator Ben Storrs at email@example.com with questions.