Workshop postponed. Please check back for further details and a new date!
Start by understanding magnetic and conductive properties. Build a magnetic maze game. Learn how to make things conductive. Turn everyday materials into musical circuits and keyboards or bongos. Animate artwork by integrating Scratch coding and MakeyMakey invention kits. Build a computer controller out of carrots, bananas, play dough, and circuits. For the final day, incorporate the Scratch coding and invention kit to build a game or project! Pack a peanut free snack, drink, and lunch.
Safety protocols and procedures for all summer 2020 workshops:
- All workshops will have a maximum enrollment of 9 students.
- Enhanced check-in procedures including isolated check-in location and pick-up locations and temperature checks.
- Hand sanitizer will be in the workshop space and throughout the library.
- Classroom space will be wiped down with hand sanitizing wipes pre and post class each day.
- Gloves will be provided for everyone to wear each day at all times.
- Medical surgical masks will be provided for each student to use for the week. Mask must be worn at all times unless outdoors and safety distanced.
- Students will have individual supplies and a designated station safely distanced from others.
- Jr.Tech and the library will follow social distancing protocols.
- Date: TBA
- Time: 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Grades: Entering 5 - 7
- Price: $235
- Max size: 9 students
- Where: Osterville Village Library, 43 Wianno Ave, Osterville, MA