Welcome! When a child’s parent(s), person(s) in parental relation to the child, or the child, as appropriate, requests enrollment in the District, the child shall be enrolled and begin attendance on the next school day, or as soon as practicable, unless a determination has been made that the child is not entitled to attend the District schools.
IMPORTANT: A child must be five years of age by December 1st of the school year for which they are being registered.
Determinations as to whether a child is entitled to attend District schools shall be made by the District on the basis of the documentation and statements provided to the District, in accordance with applicable law and District policy. A meeting with the child’s parent(s), person(s) in parental relation to the child, or the child, as appropriate may be held to determine whether the child is entitled to attend the schools of the District.
The District reserves the right to question whether a child is entitled to attend school in the District at any time. If the District makes a determination that a child is not entitled to attend its schools, the child’s parent(s), person(s) in parental relation to the child, or the child, as appropriate, will be so notified, and the child will be excluded from attendance in District schools, unless such exclusion is otherwise prohibited.
Below please find a list of all forms and supporting documents to be submitted to the District to demonstrate your child’s eligibility to attend District schools. If you are unable to produce the documents listed below, please make an appointment with our registrar by calling 516-872-5694.
Registrants are required to submit sufficient documentation and/or information to establish residency. You will have the opportunity to upload the required documentation (listed below).
If you do not upload documentation, please deliver it to Laura DeMartini, 880 Catalpa Drive, Franklin Square, New York 11010, or scan the documentation and email it to email@example.com.
Should you require such services, information for the District’s Homeless Liaison is as follows: Ms. Lisa Sells-Asch at (516) 568-6260.
PROOF OF DISTRICT RESIDENCY
All Residency Forms referenced can be found in the Links section on the right side of this page. Please see requirements below.
- IF YOU OWN A HOME, submit
- ORIGINAL house deed; and
- Current mortgage statement or current real estate tax bill; and
- ONE of the following ORIGINAL documents: Electric/ gas bill, water bill, cable/ satellite bill, telephone bill, homeowner’s insurance policy, car insurance policy, or voter registration card; and
- Owner’s Affidavit Form “B-I”. (Form BI should be notarized.)
- IF YOU ARE RENTING OR LEASING an apartment or home, submit:
- Lease or Rental Agreement; and
- Non-Owner’s/ Renter’s Affidavit Form “C” (Form C-2 should be notarized); and
- TWO of the following ORIGINAL documents: Electric/ gas bill, water bill, cable/ satellite bill, telephone bill, car insurance policy, or voter registration card; and
- Your landlord should also complete the Landlord Affidavit (B-2 sworn) and submit required proof of ownership as listed in item #2, above. While we request that you submit the Landlord Affidavit, you may instead submit the Landlord Statement (B-2 unsworn).
*If you have difficulty obtaining the requested notarization, please contact the District’s registration office at 516-872-5694 or 516-568-6260 for assistance.
**If you are unable to provide the documentation set forth above, you may submit other forms of documentation and/ or information establishing your residency in the District including, but not limited to the following: Paystub; income tax form; Utility or other bills; Membership document (e.g., library cards) based upon residency; Voter registration document(s); Official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver identification; State or other government-issued identification; Documents issued by Federal, State or local agencies (e.g. local social service agency, Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement); Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers; A statement by a third party relating to your physical presence in the District (Form F - “Third Party Statement”); or Other forms of documentation and/or information establishing your physical presence in the District.
All Health Forms referenced can be found in the Links section on the right side of this page. Please see requirements below.
- Child’s CERTIFIED transcript of a birth certificate (including a certified transcript of a foreign birth certificate or record of baptism) giving the date of birth.
- If a certified transcript of birth certificate or record or baptism is not available, you may submit a passport (including a foreign passport).
- If a passport is not available, you may submit other documentary evidence in existence two years or more (except an affidavit of age), including, but not limited to the following:
- Official Driver’s license;
- State or government issued identification;
- School photo identification with date of birth;
- Consulate identification card;
- Hospital or Health Records
- Military dependent Identification card;
- Documents issued by Federal, State, or local agencies ( e.g. local social service agency, Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement);
- Court Orders or other court-issued documents;
- Native American tribal document; or
- Records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies.
- Proof of Immunization (e.g. the “Health Examination Record” contained in the Health Records link, signed by a physician; or Certificate of immunization, signed by a Physician or health facility. Yellow Immunization Record Cards are not acceptable).
- Proof of health insurance coverage.
All Custodial Forms referenced can be found in the Links section on the right side of this page. Please see requirements below.
- Parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation to the child should produce VALID photo ID.
- IF NOT THE NATURAL PARENT, submit one of the following documents: judicial custody order, guardianship papers, adoption papers, foster care placement papers (e.g. form DS-2999), court orders or other court-issued documents or other document issued by Federal, State, or local agency demonstrating parental relation (e.g. local service agency, Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement).
- If THE ABOVE DOCUMENTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE and/or proof of parental relationship has not been submitted (e.g. by submitting a birth certificate or judicial order demonstrating parental relationship), submit Custodial Affidavit Form “D” or Parent Affidavit Form “E,” as appropriate.