Welcome to the Katonah-Lewisboro School District.
Families interested in registering their children for KINDERGARTEN ONLY will be able to submit their registration paperwork and documentation online. Please note, although we are accepting kindergarten registrations in this manner, you will still be required to make an appointment with Gail Weiss, District Registrar, to review and copy original documents that verify your child’s age as well as residency documents required. Gail can be reached at email@example.com or (914) 763-7050.
We have provided the Family ID Step-by-Step Guide as a reference for you to complete the registration process.
Please complete all the required fields and provide all the documents (see list below). Additionally, please submit a copy of your child’s most recent physical and immunization form. The documents for their five-year visit are preferable. If you are not able to access these documents currently, the most recent physical may be submitted until your child is able to be seen by his/her pediatrician.
All documentation must be submitted in PDF format. Photographs of documents will not be accepted as they are often illegible. Have all of your documentation ready as we will not be accepting partial registration paperwork.
Please complete and submit the registration for your child no later than Sunday, May 16th. Any registrations received after May 16th may affect the ability to schedule a screening date for your child (if not already scheduled).
All registrations are not considered complete until all required documentation has been received and an in-person meeting is held.
If you are not registering your age-eligible child for kindergarten for the 2021-22 school year, please send an e-mail to the registrar advising of such.
The required documents are as follows:
1. Documentation of age.
In order to determine, for instance, the programming needs of your child/children, you will need to provide proof of age by providing one of the following:
A. An original or certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism (including an original or certified transcript of a foreign birth certificate or record of baptism) giving the date of birth;
B. Passport (including foreign passport) giving the date of birth
Where the above are not available, the School District may consider certain other documents/records in existence two years or more to determine age. One or more of these documents may be necessary.
The documents are the following:
- State or other government issued identification
- School photo identification with date of birth
- Consulate identification card
- Hospital or health records
- Military dependent identification card
- Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (for instance, local social services agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)
- Court orders or other court‐issued documents
- Native American trial document
- Records from non‐profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies
- Note: The School District may need to verify these documents/record
2. Proof of Residency.
According to NY State Law, in order to register your child/children in the School District, you must be physically domiciled at your address within the School District’s geographic boundaries.
You should provide at least one item from Section A and two items from Section B, listed below; if you cannot provide an item from Section A, you will need to provide three items from Section B. A total of three residency documents is required.
1) Copy of a residential lease or proof of ownership of a house or condominium, such as a deed or mortgage statement;
2) A statement by a third‐party landlord, owner, or tenant from whom the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the district (download Property Owner/Landlord Statement);
3) Such other statement by a third‐party establishing parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation physical presence in the School District (download Third Party Residency Statement);
4) Other forms of documentation and/or information establishing parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation physical presence in the School District. For instance: current property tax bill, current homeowner’s/renter’s insurance policy statement.
See also list from Section B
Note: The Katonah‐Lewisboro School District reserves the right to contact any individual who provides a statement attesting to the physical presence in the School District of the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation to the student requesting enrollment.
1) Pay stub
2) Income tax form(s)
3) Current utility bill or other bills (e.g., power company, cable, etc.).
4) Membership documents that are based upon residency
5) Voter registration document(s)
6) Official driver’s license, learner’s permit, or non‐driver identification
7) Documents issued by federal, state, or local agencies (for instance, local social services agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)
8) Evidence of custody of the child/children, including, but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers
9) Other forms of documentation and/or information establishing parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation physical presence in the School District.
- NYS Health Examination Form (4 or 5 year physical)
- Home Language Questionnaire
You may save your work and return later to "Submit", if needed.
If you are unsure as to which school your student will be attending, have any questions regarding the fulfillment of the District’s residency requirements or are homeless, or have any other questions, please contact the District Registrar, Gail Weiss, at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would prefer not to participate in Family ID, please download the forms from the KLSD Registration page and email Gail Weiss.