Marci D’Angelo, District Registrar
Homer Elementary School
Phone: (607) 749-7241, Press 3 or Enter 5041
Main Office Fax: (607) 749-1261, Att: Marci
Welcome to the Homer Central School District!
For each child that you register, you will need to provide the following types of documents:
1. Proof of student’s age:
a. If available, a birth certificate, baptism certificate, or passport;
b. If documentation in Category a is not available, then other documentary or recorded evidence may be submitted to determine the child's age, including, but not limited to, an official driver’s license; state or other government-issued identification; school photo identification with date of birth; consulate identification card; hospital or health records; military dependant identification card; documents issued by a federal, state or local agency; court orders or other court-issued documents; native American tribal documents; or records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies; other documentary or recorded evidence to determine the child's age.
2. Proof of residency
Proof of Residency which links the parent or legal guardian to the given address of residence within the Homer Central School District is needed for registration. Please provide one (1) form of proof from the list below:
- Copy of a residential lease or proof of ownership of a house or condominium;
- Sworn or unsworn statement by a landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent(s) lease(s) or with whom the parent(s) share(s) property within the District;
- A statement by any other party establishing the parent’s/parents' physical presence in the district.
If the above forms of demonstrating residency are unavailable, any of the following may be accepted:
- Pay stub;
- Income tax form;
- Utility or other bills;
- Membership documents (e.g., library card) based on residency (which includes address);
- Voter registration document;
- State or other government-issued identification;
- Evidence of custody of the child (such as judicial custody orders or guardianship papers);
- Official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver identification.
If you have questions as to whether another document may be acceptable, the District Registrar may provide assistance.
3. Custody agreement and/or court orders (if applicable)
Also, if your child receives special education services, please provide a copy of the most current IEP if possible. It is also helpful if you submit a copy of the student’s most recent report card.
The 3 types of required documents listed above will provide the District with the information that is needed to properly register and enroll your child(ren). All items are essential to the registration process.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at (607)749-7241, Press 3 or Enter 5041. Our office hours are 7:30AM – 3:30PM during the school year and 7:30AM – 3PM during the summer.
After your completed registration materials are submitted online, your student(s) will be registered and enrolled, and you will then receive Part II, by email, which you will need to complete and return as soon as possible. After completing and submitting your information, you may contact the building principal who is appropriate to each child being registered. You will find a list of Homer Central School District building principal names and phone numbers in Part II. The starting date of attendance will be determined, by the appropriate building principal, by the next school day or as soon as practicable. We wish your family a happy and successful school year!
Very truly yours,