HFRS has the privilege of being a member of the Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) of the Archdiocese of Detroit (CYO Detroit) and follows all rules and regulations set forth and administered by the CYO. Holy Family is one of the many schools/parishes that participate in the various sports through the CYO. All students in grades 5-8 (and 4th grade for the following sports: football/fall cheer/cross country/bowling/lacrosse/track) who attend Holy Family Regional School or Catholic youth who do not attend HFRS, but attend the parishes of St. Andrew, St. Irenaeus, St. John Fisher, St Mary of the Hills or Sacred Heart are eligible to play on Holy Family teams according the requirements listed below: Eligibility for participation is based on the following criteria: active parish participation, appropriate religious education, parent participation, completion of all required forms, current health form on file, good academic standing, and adherence to the athlete’s code of conduct.
- Active parish participation is defined by each individual Pastor. Parish membership registration must occur no later than August 1, for a student to be eligible to participate during the following school year. Exceptions will be made upon approval of the Athletic Department for students who have moved into the area and/or have enrolled at Holy Family Regional School after August 1.
- Appropriate religious education is defined as being enrolled at HFRS or in one of the supporting parish’s religious education programs at the start of the school year and maintaining acceptable attendance and participation.
- Parent Participation is defined as participation in fundraising, coaching, or administrative tasks in support of the Holy Family CYO athletic program.
- All athletes must have a physician signed physical dated after April 15 of the previous school year on file in the Athletic Office before the first practice/assessments for a student to be eligible to participate. For example, for the 2019-2020 school year, the physical must be dated after April 15, 2019.
- All CYO athletes must maintain good academic standing and citizenship in their respective schools (a minimum of a “C” average is recommended) Monitoring academic and citizenship eligibility is the responsibility of parents.
- A player who has left a previous Holy Family team prior to the end of the CYO season to play for another team (AAU, RARA, public school team, etc) must obtain permission from the Athletic Department before he/she will be considered eligible to participate in a new season or sport.
- Absolutely no late registrations will be accepted. Once deadline has passed, HFRS will not accept these due to the number of participants and the number of teams that will be playing this winter.
Season Duration- Begins in early November and completes by mid-February
Cheerleading – girls only
Basketball - boys and girls
Bowling - boys and girls