The athletic department at Saint Bernard School welcomes all high school students to participate in our Summer Conditioning Program, on Monday and Thursday evenings from 6:00 - 7:00PM starting July 6 through July 30.
We know the COVID outbreak has been stressful to many and recognize that exercising and participating in activities like sports can be a healthy way to cope with stress and connect with our community. As the governor begins to implement reopening phases for Connecticut, it is appropriate to consider guidance for the safe re-socialization of interscholastic activities. After careful thought and planning, we are excited to let you know that we plan to resume our athletic program while following CDC and CIAC considerations to protect players, families, and our community.
To participate in the Summer Conditioning Program athletes must:
1. Have had a physical exam within the past 15 months. (after April 5, 2019)
2. Abide by Connecticut travel advisory that requires people arriving from states with high corona-virus rates to quarantine for 14 days.
3. Bring the following items to each conditioning session: Large water bottle labeled with name, hand sanitizer, towel and bug spray (optional). Personal items must not be shared, and water bottle refill jugs will not be available.
4. Answer and complete the COVID-19 Athletic Monitoring Form prior to each session, fully and to the best of their knowledge. Body temperature will be taken by staff with a touch-less thermometer.
5. Abide by the rules of participation outline in the COVID-19 Protocol policy, understanding that failure to do so may result in dismissal from that day's program
Completion and submission of this registration, must be received before the student-athlete may participate in this conditioning program.