Lexington High School is pleased to offer the following sports for the Spring 2020: season:
Boys Outdoor Track
Girls Outdoor Track
• Physical examination policy: Any student wishing to participate in the Lexington Athletics program must have a physical exam within 13 months of the first day of tryouts. Proof of this valid exam must be on file with the Athletics Office prior to the start of tryouts. Spring student-athletes must have a physical on file dated February 15, 2019 or later. Physical forms can be dropped off in the athletic office or can be uploaded to Family ID.
• Academic Eligibility: Spring athletic eligibility will be based on second term report cards from the 2019-2020 academic year. Academically, students must have passed the academic credit equivalent of four major subjects (and must be carrying the academic credit equivalent of at least four major subjects). Lexington High School students are also required to maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better. If a report card is issued during an athletic season, the grades on that report card determine eligibility for the remainder of the season (3rd Term Report Cards will be available on April 3, 2020).
• Athletic User Fee: The Lexington School Committee has authorized the Department of Athletics to collect an Athletic User Fee from each student-athlete. Payments cannot be made here on FamilyID. All athletic user fee payments for the spring season will be made available online in early April and must be paid by Friday, May 1, 2020. Student-Athletes will be allowed to try-out without the user fee being paid, however, student-athletes will not be allowed to participate in interscholastic competition (games) until the athletic user fee is paid. Any families wishing to pay a user fee(s) by check, may still drop a check off in the athletic office at Lexington High School, payable to the Town of Lexington.
• High School Athletic User Fees Amounts: $325/first student, first sport; $325/second student, or second sport. Family Maximum for families with High School athletes only: $650; Family Maximum for families with High School AND Middle School athletes: $825.
FAMILY CAP: IF you think you have reached the Family Cap, please contact the Athletics Department directly to check your status before making any spring payments. 781-861-2320 X69902
• Financial Assistance: The user fee can be reduced or waived for extenuating financial circumstances through the Lexington Public Schools Business Office. Parents must complete a financial assistance application prior to the start of the season to be eligible for tryouts. Forms are available in the athletic office, and NEW financial assistance forms must be filled out at the start of each new academic year.