To be eligible to participate in Shepaug's Athletic Program, students must:
1. Have a valid Physical Examination on file in the School Nurse's office.
2. Have fulfilled all Academic Eligibility Requirements.
3. Register with Family ID (see below, must only be completed once) and complete High School Athletic Registration (below).
Physical Examination Requirements:
1. Prior to the first tryout/practice session, all prospective student-athletes are required to pass a physical exam by a physician.
2. Completed physical examination forms must be on file in the School Nurse's Office prior to the first tryout/practice session.
3. The physical examination is valid for 13 months, and must cover athletes for the entire sports season (including tryout period).
4. Should the physical examination expire during the course of the sports season, the athlete will be required to be examined prior to the date of the physical examinations expiration, otherwise continued participation is prohibited.
Shepaug Valley High School Academic Eligibility Requirements:
A student cannot at any time represent Shepaug Valley High School unless he or she is enrolled in at least four (4) quarter Carnegie Units of work or its equivalent.
For fall sports eligibility, a student must have received credit toward graduation at the close of the school year preceding the contest in at least four (4) Carnegie Units of work or its equivalent for which he or she has not previously received credit. Credit must be earned during the same academic year. A student enrolling in ninth grade for the first time will be eligible for the first grading period regardless of the previous academic achievement.
During the school year a student must have received a passing mark in at least four (4) quarter Carnegie Units of work or its equivalent at the end of the regular marking period preceding the contest. Student eligibility will be determined for all students on the date that report cards are distributed or on the fourteenth calendar day following the end of the marking period, whichever comes first. No Carnegie Unit or equivalent for which the student has already received credit shall be included in those required by this rule.
Spring High School Athletic Schedules:
Official CIAC First Day of Baseball Pitchers/Catchers Conditioning - March 12
Official CIAC First Day of Spring Practices - March 17
For team webpages, including scheduling information, please use the below links: