Welcome, this athletic registration is for all 2018-2019 academic school year. Please read the important message below from the Hickory High School Athletic Department before beginning!
- Important Note: This registration is to be completed by the student-athlete and a parent. Please ensure the correct person is signing each field and all information is reviewed together.
- Physicals must be completed by a medical professional and are valid for 395 days.
- Parents: DO NOT create a new FamilyID login if you are a returning athlete! Please contact FamilyID at email@example.com if you do not remember your login information.
- If valid, Physicals are kept on file and do not need to be re-submitted when completing a new registration.
- If you have any questions regarding eligibility concerns or the registration process, please reach out to the Athletic Director, David Craft.
- Academics: A student must have passed 3 out of 4 classes during the preceding semester to be eligible at any time during the present semester. The student-athlete must be promoted to the next grade level at the end of each 2 full semester school year beginning at the entry of 9th grade. Classes such as teacher or office assistant do not count toward athletic eligibility due to the pass/fail credit.
- Attendance: A student who is absent from a high school class more than 10 days (excused or unexcused) in a semester will receive a grade of “F”, unless the student completes a successful appeal to the principal. The principal may utilize a faculty committee to assist in reviewing the student’s appeal. The principal or the committee will review the total number of absences, the circumstances surrounding the absences, academic achievement in the affected class, participation in attendance recovery and the extent to which the student successfully completed the missed assignments.