Our Chromebook one-to-one initiative continues to transform Hamburg Central School District classrooms! Our students are increasingly able to access information, create content and collaborate.
We understand that students and parents share the responsibility to care for the Chromebook, an educational tool, issued
by the Hamburg Central School District. Here is a link to frequently asked questions about Chromebooks.
All 6th Grade students will not be bringing their devices home for the 2019-2020 School year.
We understand and agree to the rules listed below usage guidelines included in the Student/Parent Usage Guidelines.
In order to use the device each day, the student must be willing to accept the following responsibilities:
1. I understand that a Chromebook assigned to me remains the property of HCSD; therefore, my device may be confiscated and is subject to inspection at any time without notice.
2. I will be responsible for taking care of my assigned Chromebook.
3. I will use my Chromebook as an educational tool and in an appropriate manner.
4. I will protect my Chromebook from damage.
5. I will not disassemble any part of my Chromebook or attempt any repairs, and I will keep food and beverages away from my device.
6. I will know where my Chromebook is at all times. I will never leave my Chromebook unattended or loan it to other individuals.
7. I will not place decorations (such as stickers, markers, etc.) or deface the serial number or HCSD label on my Chromebook.
8. I will follow the policies outlined in the Student Authorized Use Policy at all times.
9. I will notify the school of theft, vandalism, and other acts done to my Chromebook.
10. I agree to return the Chromebook in good working condition.
Once a school owned device has been reported as lost or stolen the device will be rendered inoperable.This means that the device is deactivated and will no longer function.
In the event of a damaged or stolen Chromebook, the student/parents’ may be responsible to pay for the cost of repair or replacement device.