The benefits of attending Grosse Pointe South summer camps:
*Learn skills to competitively play sports
*Camps are run in a fun and supportive atmosphere
*A certified athletic trainer will be on location each day.
*Registration is easy
CAMPS OFFERED: FIELD HOCKEY
Covid -19 guidlines:
Summer Camp is for high school-aged students at this time
- All athletes and coaches should not step on to a playing surface, field or area until the proper protocol is followed for temperature and symptom checks using the MHSAA Athlete/Coach Monitoring Form.
Only outdoor activities may take place in groups of 100 or fewer with physical social distancing - 6 feet between athletes.
There is to be no sharing of any personal sport specific equipment (helmets, gloves, batting gloves, jerseys, etc). All school equipment will be cleaned at the end of every day and for some sports when possession of the equipment changes hands.
All conditions below and MHSAA GUIDELINES MUST BE FOLLOWED during Summer Camp
Given the Governor’s June 1 order allowing OUTDOOR groups of 100 or fewer with physical distancing,
- All students will have their temperature and symptom information taken before each session. Any student that has a temperature over 100.3, will be asked to leave immediately based on CDC and MHSAA guidelines. If any individual should be diagnosed with Covid 19, the situation will be assessed and a follow up with regard to precautions taken for the safety of everyone will be evaluated and communicated. All exposed athletes and coaches will be isolated for 14 days and athletes that tested positive will need a doctor's note to begin practicing again (according to the CDC).
- Any student who prefers to wear a cloth face covering should be allowed to do so. Cloth masks are acceptable, and medical grade masks are not expected. Your coaching staff is expected to wear a mask.
- All students shall bring their own water bottle. Water bottles must not be shared. Hydration stations (water cows, water trough, water fountains, etc.) will not be utilized. Food should not be shared.
- Physical contact such as handshakes, high-fives, fist bumps, and hugs are not allowed.
- Bathrooms will be open for emergency use only. No more than one person in the restroom at a time. Coaches should leave the doors locked until athletes need to use the restroom.
- All athletes should come to practice dressed and ready to begin.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS A $10 CANCELLATION FEE FOR ALL SPORTS.