The Girls STEM Summit – Statewide welcomes schools and organizations to register groups of minimum 7-20 maximum students for the Statewide Summit. Details about group registration are noted at the end of this section.
Girls STEM Summit is a one-day Statewide Summit for young women in grades 8-12 who are interested in exploring a career using science, technology, engineering or math and who want to learn more about emerging careers in these fields.
Girls STEM Summit-Statewide 2019 will be held at Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston, MA, on Sunday, March 31, 2019.
- Date: Sunday, March 31, 2019
- Time: 8am - 4pm
- Location: Wentworth Institute of Technology, Boston, MA
- Fee: $67.00 per student
During the summit students will:
- Experience an inspirational keynote speech by a local female leader in a STEM field.
- Meet successful women working as experts in STEM fields, and work directly with them in hands-on career-specific workshops.
- Expand their knowledge of STEM industries and emerging career paths.
- Be inspired to continue taking STEM high school courses applicable to STEM college programs.
Goals for Girls STEM Summit - Statewide 2019:
- Impact and bridge the gap between girls’ passion for the topics and helping them find their way to successful STEM careers.
- Inspire girls to pursue STEM fields.
- Fill an important gender gap in STEM jobs today and into the future.
- Present topics and learning sessions in a way that makes STEM topics interesting, relevant to career paths, and approachable.
- Provide hands-on career sessions highlighting a variety of STEM industries.
The Girls STEM Summit – Statewide 2019 program is hosted by Jr.Tech, Inc. Jr.Tech is proud to announce facility host partner Wentworth Institute of Technology.
This registration link is for schools and other organizations who wish to purchase a block of seats. Schools and other organizations may register minimum 7 - 20 maximum students within a group. This form collects information about your school or organization and primary contact information. Once you have completed the registration form for your group you will receive an automated confirmation from FamilyID and an email from Rachel Arno of Jr.Tech. This email will provide an online registration link that will ask for individual student information, signed waiver information, and a deadline to obtain information.
Past experience has shown us it is difficult for groups to fill more than 20 seats. However, if your school or organization is interested in a larger group please contact Rachel Arno at firstname.lastname@example.org to consider this option.
Jr. Tech is happy to provide an invoice for groups requiring a purchase order (PO) to process payment. However, please note that 100% payment is required within 2 weeks of registration, even if a PO is provided. We ask that the group contact notify the business office about the payment timeline. Alternately, a school representative may opt to make the payment directly and request reimbursement from the school department.
- Up to 2 chaperones may attend the workshops at no cost.
- Food is provided to students as part of their registration fee. Chaperones who wish to participate in the food offerings for the day (continental breakfast and lunch) can enjoy these refreshments for $18 for the day, payable at the time of registration. Alternately, chaperones are welcome to bring snacks, drinks and lunch from home. Please indicate your selection on the registration form.