Garden City MS Outdoor Intramural Program
For all sports: Oct 14 - Nov 6, 2020
We are excited to announce that we will be offering an after school Outdoor Intramural Program for our 7th and 8th grade students. The goal of this program is to provide our students the opportunity to continue to improve on their skill and fitness levels within a safe and enjoyable environment.
The framework of our Outdoor Intramural Program is outlined below:
- It will begin on or about October 14th, 2020
- Each activity would run after school on the designated days below from 3:30-4:30.
- Students who attend school on Day 1 will attend on Day 1. Students who attend school on Day 2 will attend on Day 2.
WEDNESDAY 10/14 - DAY 1 L-Z STUDENTS
THURSDAY 10/15 - DAY 2 A-K STUDENTS
FRIDAY 10/16 - DAY 2 L-Z STUDENTS
TUESDAY 10/20 - DAY 1 A-K STUDENTS
WEDNESDAY 10/21 -DAY 1 L-Z STUDENTS
THURSDAY 10/22 - DAY 2 A-K STUDENTS
FRIDAY 10/23 - DAY 2 L-Z STUDENTS
TUESDAY 10/27 - DAY 1 A-K STUDENTS
WEDNESDAY 10/28 - DAY 1 L-Z STUDENTS
THURSDAY 10/29 - DAY 2 A-K STUDENTS
FRIDAY 10/30 - DAY 2 L-Z STUDENTS
WEDNESDAY 11/4 - DAY 1 L-Z STUDENTS
THURSDAY 11/5 - DAY 2 A-K STUDENTS
FRIDAY 11/6 - DAY 2 L-Z STUDENTS
Students who choose fulltime remote instruction will be assigned to either a Day 1 or Day 2 Cohort based on their last name and will be required to submit the Daily COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire.
- The activities that we are offering include the following:
7th Grade Boys Soccer, 8th Grade Boys Soccer, 7th Grade Boys Cross Country, 8th Grade Boys Cross Country, 7th Grade Boys Strength and Conditioning, 8th Grade Boys Strength and Conditioning
7th Grade Girls Soccer, 8th Grade Girls Soccer, 7th Grade Girls Cross Country, 8th Grade Girls Cross Country, 7th Grade Girls Field Hockey, 8th Grade Girls Field Hockey
- All 7th and 8th grade students will be welcomed to participate as long as they attend on their scheduled days, are compliant with safety protocols and follow the established procedures.
- Sign-ups and Health Updates will be done through Family ID.
- o We have replaced the Green Athletic Health History/Permission Form with a new online program called FamilyID. This program can be found on the GCMS athletic webpage middleschool.gardencity.k12.ny.us/.
- o For your child to be cleared to participate you must complete the FamilyID Clearance Forms found on the middle school athletic webpage no later than 10/13/20.
- o These forms contain important health information reviewed by the Health office as well as the mandatory policies and agreements.
7th Grade Boys Soccer - West Goal of Soccer Field by Train Tracks
7th Grade Girls Soccer - West Goal of Soccer Field by Stewart Ave
8th Grade Boys Soccer - East Goal of Soccer Field by Train Tracks
8th Grade Girls Soccer - East Goal of Soccer Field by Stewart Ave
7th Grade Boys Strength and Conditioning - West End Zone on Football Practice Field
7th Grade Field Hockey - South Goal on Football Field
8th Grade Boys Strength and Conditioning - East End Zone on Football Practice Field
8th Grade Field Hockey - North Goal on Football Field
Boys X-Country- Baseball Field
Girls X-Country- Softball Field
- At the conclusion of the training session, students will be dismissed from the fields to go home, they will not reenter the building.
- In the event of inclement weather prior to the end of the school day, we will cancel so that students can still take the bus home or get picked up.
- In the event of inclement weather after the end of the school day and during activity the students will return to the middle school for sheltering and socially distance in designated locations until their rides come to take them home.
Thank you for your attention to this matter,
Dr. Eric Nezowitz Mike Tullo Eamonn Flood
Interim Principal Middle School Athletic Coordinator District Athletic Director