GARDEN CITY HIGH SCHOOL’S PHILOSOPHY
The goal of the high school’s athletic and activities programs is to aid in the total development of the student-athlete. When finishing a program at Garden City High School, we would hope that each student-athlete has gained in the following are:
- Development of a sense of teamwork
- Pride in one’s self and sense of self-worth
- Pride in Garden City High School
- Pride in the Garden City community
- A positive attitude toward academics as well as athletics
- The development of good sportsmanship incorporating winning with humility and losing with dignity
- II. CONFERENCE AFFILIATION – WESTERN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE
Garden City High School offers a wide variety of athletic and activity programs for the high school students. The school is a member of the WAC Conference which was established in 1992. Conference members are:
- Garden City High School
- Hays High School
- Great Bend High School
- Liberal High School
- Dodge City High School
The conference maintains a regular season championship, recognizes all-conference selections in each sport, and has established a WAC Cup for the top performing athletic program in the conference.
All WAC Selections are made at conference meetings as voted on by the WAC coaches of that sport.
It is Garden City High School’s goal to maintain competitive levels with the athletic/activities programs.