Update: Due to the recent restrictions by Massachusetts Governor Baker’s office because of the increased spread of COVID-19, and to ensure everyone’s safety, this workshop will be given in an online format via Zoom. Registered students will be emailed a link to the virtual workshop.
Games are a fun pastime, but can also be useful as a tool for learning new skills. Through the process of coding games, we also can practice creative problem solving when making our own games, whether they are simple quiz games or more complex platformers. In this workshop, blend game design and coding skills using Scratch to make your own educational game! Please pack a peanut free snack, lunch, and drink.
- Date: February 6, 2021
- Time: 9am - 3pm
- Grades: 5 – 6
- Price: $85 (Includes materials)
- Maximum Size: nine students
- Where: See above update
Safety protocols and procedures for all 2020-2021 in-person school year workshops:
- All workshops will have a maximum enrollment of nine students.
- Enhanced check-in procedures including isolated check-in location, pick-up locations and temperature checks.
- Hand sanitizer will be in the workshop space and throughout the library.
- Classroom space will be wiped down with hand sanitizing wipes pre and post-class each day.
- Gloves will be provided for everyone to wear, if desired.
- Surgical masks will be provided for each student to use for the week. Mask must be worn at all times unless outdoors and safely distanced.
- Students will have individual supplies and a designated station safely distanced from others.
- Jr.Tech and the library will follow social distancing protocols