Fall sports for 7th & 8th graders are:
Boys & Girls Soccer, Football, & Cross Country
Football - Coach : Alan Charles (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Girls Soccer - Coach: Brendan Healy (email@example.com)
Boys Soccer - Coach: Samuel McGraw (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cross Country - Coach: William Sheppard (email@example.com)
- This online registration needs to be completed by September 6th.
- PLEASE DO NOT PAY THE $180 USER FEE UNTIL YOUR CHILD HAS BEEN SELECTED ON THE TEAM ROSTER. Fee must be paid before the first game/meet.
- Please make sure an up to date physical is on file with the nurse. Physical has to be dated not earlier than August 15, 2017.
- Coaches Informational meeting for all spring sports will be held during 7th and 8th grade lunches
- Tryouts for boys and girls soccer will begin on Friday, September 7th.
- Football and Cross Country will begin on Friday, September 7th.
If your child is interested in participating they should attend an informational meeting. These meetings are held during the last ten minutes of each lunch period on a specific date. Students are informed about this meeting through daily announcements and in the daily bulletin. If your child missed the informational meeting they can speak to the coach individually. If you have any questions, please call or email Katrina Antonellis (617) 559-6900.
It is the intent of athletic programs to provide opportunities for participation for as many students as possible. Budget constraints, safety concerns, and available facilities, however make a "no cut" policy difficult. Prior to the start of a season, coaches will advise parents and students of the try-out and participation policy for each sport. Every effort will be made to accommodate as many students as possible with regard to safety, playing time, and available facilities, but coaches may follow pre-established and announced cutting policies.
The fostering of participation and sportsmanship, as well as the physical, emotional, and ethical development of a student in a competitive situation are emphasized. Inherent in this philosophy is the belief that winning is not the major goal of an athletic program. Coaches are encouraged to play every team member when game circumstances permit use of substitutions.
There is a user fee for athletes who participate on a team. The user fee amount per sport is $180.00. User fee can be paid online (see fee payment & waiver information in our school athletic page). User Fees are paid through Unipay, not FamilyID. Please do not pay the user fee until your child has been selected and on the team roster. A separate letter will go out regarding when to pay the fee.
The late bus times: There will be a 4:15pm Newton bus for Enrichment activities. A 4:30 METCO bus and a 5:15 Newton bus for athletes.