Checklist for Completion
In order to be eligible to tryout or practice, the following tasks must be completed PRIOR TO COMPETITION.
Complete online athletic registration:
- Student & Parent Signature stating you understand the expectations of the athletic program.
- Carefully read the athletic code and academic requirements.
- The Web Site Opt-Out agreement is optional. The student’s information may be posted on the BGSD website, unless this form is completed.
- Complete all Student Eligibility Information. This includes parent permission, insurance information and athletic eligibility information. A student must be covered by insurance to tryout or practice. Football players must be covered by dental insurance as well as medical insurance.
- Fill out Emergency Release Form (NCR).
- Submit current physical signed and dated by doctor with permission to participate in sports. BATTLE GROUND SCHOOL DISTRICT REQUIRES A PHYSICAL EVERY TWO YEARS. A physical is valid two years from the date of the exam.
- Signed Concussion Form.
- Signed Safety and Warning Guidelines.
- All new students, incoming freshmen and non-BGHS/PHS students (CAM, Internet Academies, Vancouver Christian, Columbia Academy, Summit View, home school, etc.) need to bring a copy of last semester grades. Non- BGHS/PHS students also need to bring a copy of the class schedule for the current semester.
- Students enrolled in Running Start must fill out a Running Start/WIAA Eligibility form.
PRIOR TO FIRST COMPETITION:
All fines must be paid (this includes fines from elementary and middle school). The sport participation fee and ASB card must be paid. If the participation fee is a financial burden, financial plans can be arranged with the ASB office. (Extra-curricular activities are not supported by state funds. All funds for activities must come from local levies, fees, and fundraisers.) There will be no participation fee refund after the fourth week of the season. The prorated refund is 25% per week. Practices and games are considered participation.