Welcome to the 2018-2019 DSST: Stapleton high school athletics registration page!
We are very excited to offer competitive sports after school for fall, winter, and spring seasons. Participating in sports is a great opportunity for students to develop their social and physical skills.
If your child signs up to play a sport, they are committing to the team and athletic program and will be held accountable to attend all practices and games, along with upholding our schools core values at all times.
**THINGS NEEDED TO TRY-OUT**
- Athletic Registration: Visit https://www.familyid.com/dsst-... to register for a sport online
- Upload a current physical to your Family I.D. registration or email a copy to email@example.com. No paper copies will be accepted.
- Physicals are good for 365 days from date of physical.
- Fee paid at the High School Front Desk.
- Must Be Eligible
ATHLETIC ELIGIBILITY: DSST is a high performing academic school; and we want to prepare our students to be successful in their studies. As a result, we have put in place athletic eligibility policies based on student's grades and their behavior.
· All student-athletes must be passing 5 out of 6 of their classes
· Classes must be above 69.5% for the current trimester and for the year
· 1 F = cannot play, but can practice provided a plan is made for improving grade
o In order to practice:
§ Advisor and student-athlete must create support plan
§ Advisor shares plan with parents/guardians, Deans, and athletic department
· Students who fail one or more classes in a trimester are ineligible for the WHOLE subsequent trimester
· If student-athlete is suspended or has an intervention:
o Student cannot play or practice until fully completing requirements of plans
· Any academic or behavioral intervention (RF/CP/MT/etc) must be served BEFORE the student-athlete is allowed to practice, play in a game, or travel with the team
o If student violates this rule due to lack of integrity they will lose eligibility for the rest of the trimester
Academic Eligibility Guidelines
· Students not meeting eligibility at the end of Trimester 3 will be ineligible for the first 6 weeks of the following year, per CHSAA guidelines
· Students not meeting eligibility at the end of Trimester 1 and Trimester 2 will be allowed to try out for their chosen sport, but will be ineligible for the first 2 weeks of the trimester
· Grades for eligibility will be pulled every 3 weeks on Wednesdays and eligibility will be based on those pulled grades alone
· When ineligible, student-athletes may not play for the full 3 week eligibility cycle
· Eligibility will not be pulled the first 2 weeks of each Trimester to allow for beginning of trimester gradebook fluctuation
· Student-athletes who do not meet eligibility requirements are not allowed to play or practice with team
Non-Academic Eligibility Guidelines
· Student athletes can lose eligibility, even when meeting academic expectations, if they do not meet the expectations set for student conduct through the DSST 6 Core Values
· Any student serving an in-school intervention or any form of suspension is automatically ineligible for that day
If you have any questions, please contact your students Dean.