Welcome to online registration for Sandwich HS & STEM Academy fall sport programs! We are already excited about the 2018-19 academic year. Before registering, be sure to read this important information:
Any student-athlete who still owes the Department of Athletics a uniform or participation fee from a previous season will not be eligible to tryout, practice, or compete until the uniform is returned, the uniform replacement cost has been paid, or the outstanding participation fee has been received!
Mon. 8/6 (5-7pm): “Paperwork & Payment Drop-off Night” (Sandwich HS front lobby)
Tue. 8/7 (5-7pm): "Paperwork & Payment Drop-off Night” (Sandwich HS front lobby)
Fri. 8/17: Football | First day of tryouts/practice
Mon. 8/20: Cheerleading | First day of tryouts/practice
Thu. 8/23: High School Fall Sports | First day of tryouts/practice
Mon. 8/27 (6:30pm): Fall Sports Night (Sandwich HS Auditorium) | Mandatory for parents & student-athletes participating in a fall sport.
Mon. 9/10: STEM Academy | First day of interscholastic practice (Cross Country, Field Hockey, and Soccer)
Mon. 9/17: STEM Academy | First week of Instructional offerings (Diving, Fitness, Swimming, and Volleyball)
Specific tryout/practice information will be published on the SHS & STEM Academy Athletics website which can be accessed by clicking HERE.
Before any student can tryout or participate in a fall sport at Sandwich HS or STEM Academy, the following requirements must be met. PLEASE NOTE, AS OF 7/10/2018, ALL PARTICIPATION FEE CHECKS MUST BE MADE OUT TO "SANDWICH PUBLIC SCHOOLS.":
1. All student-athletes MUST mail or deliver a copy of their most recent physical, which clears them physically to participate. DO NOT ASSUME THAT A COPY IS “ON FILE” WITH THE SCHOOL. Copies must be delivered to Athletic Trainer, Jillian DeCuffa, in Rm. A-100. Physicals are good for 13 months from the date of the exam.
2. The appropriate participation fee, made payable to "SANDWICH PUBLIC SCHOOLS", must be mailed or delivered to the Department of Athletics at Sandwich HS. A student that qualifies for free or reduced lunch can request a participation fee waiver. Fee waivers must be applied for in writing and directed to Neil Murphy, Administrator for Athletics, at email@example.com.
The annual family cap is $600 for high school sport programs and $400 for STEM Academy sport programs. The family cap applies to high school and/or STEM Academy sport participation only and is not associated with any elementary school club and/or activity fee. If the participation fee has not been received, the student-athlete will not be permitted to participate in tryouts, practices, or contests.
3. A parent/guardian is responsible for filling out this online form completely and ensuring that any and all medical information concerning your child's health, medical concerns, injuries, medications, and allergies are reported to the Department of Athletics and coaching staff.
4. Student-athletes and parents/guardians must read the Sandwich HS & STEM Academy Student Handbooks which can be found HERE (SHS) and HERE (STEM).
5. Parent/guardian must have completed the FREE, NFHS online concussion course within the past 12 months. The course can be found HERE.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Without proof of a physical and payment of the appropriate participation fee, student-athletes will not be able to tryout for a sport at Sandwich HS or STEM Academy. There will be no exceptions made.