WELCOME to Brighton High School Athletics!
Registration for all Fall Sports is processed through FamilyID. LInks to important documents (including the District Physical form) are located on the right side of this page. After registration is completed and the Athletic Department has confirmed that we have all required documents and have verified eligibility, coaches will be notified that athletes are approved for participation. Registration is processed daily, but the athletic fee could take up to 48 hours to post to Infinite Campus. (Fall 2018 fees will not be uploaded by the District until 10/1, any fees due from past years and the current athletic fees must be paid at time of registration). Please read all of the following information regarding the registration process.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at 303-655-4155, or email the Athletic Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No student shall represent their school in interschool athletics (including practices and tryouts) until:
- The registration through FamilyID has been processed and approved by the Athletic Department;
- A signed physical form is submitted (may be uploaded) to the Athletic Department verifying that the student has passed an adequate physical examination within the past year, noting that in the opinion of the examining physician, physician's assistant, nurse practitioner or a certified/registered chiropractor, the student is physically fit to participate in high school athletics;
- The student has the consent of his/her parent/s or legal guardian/s to participate, and they and the student participant have read, understand and agree to the CHSAA Competitors Brochure (link on the right) guidelines for eligibility.
- The Athletic participation fee of $135 for each sport and all outstanding student course fees, transportation fees and any outstanding fines are paid in full per District 27J Policy. Please review your Infinite Campus account (link on the District website www.sd27j.net) to verify any balance due and/or to pay them online. All outstanding fees must be paid before tryouts and practices.
- If student is participating in the same sport outside their participation at Brighton High School, CHSAA Form 24 must also be completed, signed and kept on file at the BHS Athletic Office.
Fees can be paid online on the district website (www.sd27j.net) or with a check or cash at the Athletic Office. Physicals may be uploaded at the time of registration, emailed to the Athletic Secretary at email@example.com, or submitted to the Athletic Secretary's office. Please be sure to include student's full name in any email.
NOTE: There will be a 24 hour window before you are cleared to participate in a practice.
PARTICIPATION FEES Athletic participation fees are $135.00 for the 2018-19 school year. This fee must be paid before the first day of practice. If a student is trying out for a sport and does not make the team, you will receive a refund upon request if request is made before the first game of the season. REMINDER: All District fees must be paid before student can participate in a sport/activity, per district policy.
FEE WAIVERS If the student is eligible for District free/reduced lunch program, please submit a copy of the District eligibility letter to the Athletic Secretary. YOU MUST REAPPLY EVERY SEMESTER. Please contact Nutrition Services to find out if you are currently eligible prior to registering.
STUDENT TRANSFERS If you are a transfer student from another high school, played sports for another high school, or are an exchange student, you will be required to notify the athletic office and submit CHSAA transfer forms to the athletic office. Transfer Students need to review and complete CHSAA Forms 7 and 9. Foreign Exchange Students need to review and complete CHSAA Form 11. Please see CHSAA links on the right side of this screen.
After registering on FamilyID, submit the following items to the Athletic Secretary:
1) a current physical;
2) payment for the registration fee ($135);
3) last semester grades;
4) contact information for weekly attendance/grade confirmation (for confirmation every Thursday); and
5) proof of residency. (Note: your address of residency will determine the school you should attend for athletics.) 6) Homeschool students must also complete and return CHSAA Form 6 (link to your right).
ELIGIBILITY FOR PARTICIPATION BHS follows CHSAA Eligibility Plan A Requirements: Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 5 classes to participate and must be passing five classes. Plan A requirement is a one F maximum. Any student with more than one F, regardless of how many courses they are taking, will not be eligible for participation the following Monday-Saturday. * NEW DISTRICT POLICY - Two D's will be equivalent to one F. If the student has more than one F at the end of any semester, they are academically ineligible for the following semester, but have an opportunity to regain eligibility during the season. Coaches may individually adopt a more stringent grade eligibility requirement.
ARBITER ACCOUNT *New this year - STUDENTS MUST CREATE ACCOUNT AT TIME OF REGISTRATION
CHSAA has mandated that every athlete create an account in Arbiter for eligibility reporting purposes. It is quick and easy to create the account and students will be able to do so from a computer or cell phone. CREATE ACCOUNT IN STUDENT NAME, NOT PARENT, Unless the student is transferring and you need to begin transfer paperwork. If this is the case, create student and parent account and link them to submit transfer paperwork.
FROM CELL PHONE - text S40901 to 69274
Or - go to www.arbiterathlete.com and create an account
The account only needs to be created once and will be used year after year. Students will not be able to participate until their Arbiter accounts are created and confirmed by the Athletics Office.