* The student athlete must be in the NJSIAA acceptable age range. The student may not have turned 19 years old prior to September 1, of any year. For freshman competition, the maximum age is 16 prior to September 1, of that school year.
* The student-athlete has 8 consecutive semesters of athletic eligibility as determined by his/her initial date of entry into high school.
* Transfer students – ie. Any student who was not an LRHSD student for the entire previous academic year – may need a transfer waiver as determined by the NJSIAA regulations.
* All first-time freshmen are automatically academically eligible. All other students must have earned 30 credits during the previous school year in order to be academically eligible to participate in interscholastic athletics.
* Must pay the annual LRHSD participation fee, $200 per athlete with a $ 400 maximum per family. Students who are enrolled in the free or reduced lunch program will be exempt from this fee.