Four days - February Vacation 2021
Solving puzzles can be a satisfying experience, but so can making your own! In this workshop, you will learn the basics of creating code and digital art to make your own Digital Escape Room Game using Scratch, similar to Escape Rooms you might visit in real life. This workshop will help you think about how to create an immersive audience experience through your use of puzzles, imagery, and association skills. Please pack a peanut free snack, lunch, and drink daily.
- Date(s): Tuesday thru Friday, February 16 – 19, 2021
- Times: 9 am - 3 pm
- Grades: 6 – 7
- Price: $288 (Includes material for in-person.)
- Maximum Size: nine students
- Where: Osterville Village Library
- Note: This is an in-person STEM workshop. The curriculum is developed to offer online via Zoom, if necessary.
Safety protocols and procedures for all 2020-2021 in-person school year workshops:
- All workshops will have a maximum enrollment of nine students.
- Enhanced check-in procedures including isolated check-in location, pick-up locations and temperature checks.
- Hand sanitizer will be in the workshop space and throughout the library.
- Classroom space will be wiped down with hand sanitizing wipes pre and post-class each day.
- Gloves will be provided for everyone to wear, if desired.
- Surgical masks will be provided for each student to use for the week. Mask must be worn at all times unless outdoors and safely distanced.
- Students will have individual supplies and a designated station safely distanced from others.
- Jr.Tech and the library will follow social distancing protocols.