Driver Education will again be offered through CiTi here at JCB as a service to the Phoenix Community. Successful completion of this course will qualify the student for an MV-285 Course Completion Certificate and MV-278 Pre-licensing Certificate (5-hour pre-licensing course). The program will consist of 24 hours of classroom instruction of which 6 hours are behind the wheel driving and 18 hours are observation. (We suggest you check with your insurance company before registering to be sure this fulfills their requirements for insurance reduction.) All students must be 16 years of age and have a valid learner's permit before they begin the classes.
Scheduling: Students will be scheduled as "A" or "B" lecture students. "A" students will begin classes on July 2 and will end on August 14th.
"A" Classes and Drive Sessions are on July 2, 5, 9, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 25, 27, 31, Aug 2, 6, 8, 10, 14 (Exam Day)
"B" students will begin classes on July 3 and will end on August 15th. "B" Classes and Drive Sessions are on July 3, 6, 10, 12, 16, 18, 20, 24, 26, 30, Aug 1, 3, 7, 9, 13, 15 (Exam Day)
All students will be required to attend classroom instruction from 9:10 to 10:40 A.M. every assigned day with a 1-1/2 hour drive session either before or after the class period. Students must provide their own transportation. Attendance is required for ALL classroom and driving sessions. No make-ups will be scheduled without a valid written excuse.
To enroll: **Students who will be Seniors in the fall of 2018 will be allowed to register FIRST on Monday, June 4. **Students who will be Juniors in the fall of 2018 will be allowed to register on Tuesday, June 5. This will be your first opportunity to register. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made for early sign-up request. You must complete the attached registration and health history forms, along with the optional photo releases. We also need a photocopy of the student's permit or driver's license. The cost for the program will be $95.00 (payment must be made by check payable to Phoenix Central Schools and/or Cash). Mrs. Raymond in the Student Services Office, will begin accepting payment the day you sign up on your scheduled day. Payment must be submitted to finalize registration and reserve your seat. Class size is limited to 32 students and slots will be finalized as payments are received. A notebook is required on Day 1!
- 6 hours driving
- 18 hours observation
- 24 hours classroom instruction *******NO FLIP-FLOPS ALLOWED******* NO EXCEPTIONS!
Follow these steps:
- To find your program, click on the link provided by the Organization above and select the registration form under the word Programs.
- Next click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address and password. Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don't see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation E-mail, which will log you in to FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the Save & Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.