PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW CAREFULLY. THE SPRING ATHLETICS REGISTRATION PROCESS STARTS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE BY SELECTING “REGISTER NOW”.
THE FamilyID PROCESS YOU ARE ABOUT TO COMPLETE IS STEP 2 OF THE FOLLOWING REGISTRATION GUIDELINES.
FEBRUARY 10: Registration Opens
FEBRUARY 12: Parent Night, 6:00 PM, East Auditorium
- All parents and guardians please plan to attend this informative meeting about the upcoming Spring sports season.
- This will also be the first opportunity for you to receive the athletic clearance cards that are required to participate in any sports. The below process will have to be completed in its entirety before this card can be given out.
February 19th-21st: Clearance Card Pickup (Calloway Gym)
- 2/19- 3:00pm – 4:00pm
- 2/20- 1:30pm-2:00pm
- 2/21- 3:00pm-4:00pm
February 26th-28th: Clearance Card Pickup (Calloway Gym)
- 2/26- 3:00pm – 4:00pm
- 2/27- 1:30pm-2:00pm
- 2/28- 3:00pm-4:00pm
March 2nd: First official day of Spring season sports
- Check the East Website or with coaches for tryouts/practice days and times.
- Each of the following steps will be required in order for any student-athlete to begin practice and/or competition with a team.
- Once all of these steps are completed the athletes will be placed on a clearance list and can then pick up a clearance card at any of the dates above. They will then bring this card to their coaches on the first day of practice/tryouts.
Step 1: Physical Exams *NEW PROCESS*
- Link for blank physical form if needed: Download Physical Form – English or Download Physical Form – Spanish
- Every athlete will need to provide a current physical that was completed within the last year – If you have already turned in a physical for a 2019 Fall sport or a Winter sport please skip to the next step.
- Please email a copy of the physical to East_Athletics@dpsk12.org
- o If you do not have the ability to send via email, please bring a copy to Lisa Smith in Rm. 240
- The Denver Health Clinic inside of the East High School will also be offering physical exams. A consent form is required and can be picked up in the main office or the clinic itself before you can schedule an exam. The clinic is located on the backside of the school, Rm. 139/140
Step 2: Family ID (Parents/Guardians complete)
- Each athlete’s parent/guardian will need to set up a Family ID account.
- If you already have an account set up for your athlete, your login information is the same
- At the end of your set up for the respective winter sport it will ask for your payment. To participate in a sport the fee is $60, unless the student is on Free and Reduced Lunch in which case the fee is $10. (FRL Letter must be turned in before the end of the season or an additional $50 will be charged to your account)
- You may pay directly on the site with a credit/debit card.
- You may pay with cash or check at the school with the Treasurer.
- You may also pay with “my school bucks” but only AFTER completing the registration process through Family ID. (To prevent from being asked to pay twice, please do not try to use my school bucks before completing the registration process on Family ID)
Step 3: Planet High School (Student completes)
- Text S41182 to 69274 >> You will receive a text back with a link >> click the link and finish registration process within Planet High School.
- Transfer Students New To East: Please go to "Transfer Forms" in your Planet HS account and follow the prompts to complete the transfer waiver. Visit the East website under "Athletic Registration/Transfer Students" to find a document that gives step by step instructions on completing Transfer Forms.
Students without a Program (SWOP): All students that are choosing to participate in East Athletics due to their home school not having a specific sport will need to complete the following form: click here.
- Each of these forms will also need to be approved by the district so there is a possibility an athlete will receive a “temporary clearance card” until the district has processed the SWOP request.
International Students: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to schedule a waiver appointment. This is also required for all international students to complete in order to participate in a sport.
Thank you! We are looking forward to the Spring Season!