The Old Colony Athletic Department is committed to an exemplary educational athletic program, based upon the core values of sportsmanship, commitment and pride in ones school. Old Colony coaches inspire and prepare life-long learners who contribute to society as caring, productive, and responsible individuals.
Competitive athletics is developed within the context of good sportsmanship, health and scholastic achievement. Participation requires a sense of commitment, integrity, leadership and sound judgment. Our coaching staff serves as a teacher and mentors the members of these teams, taking an interest in the student-athlete’s personal and academic progress.
GENERAL OBJECTIVES OF OUR ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
• Encourage participation in athletics as part of as many student-athletes as possible.
• Promote the observance of good sportsmanship, ethical conduct and fair play in all athletic contests.
• Maintain essential standards of eligibility.
• Promote an atmosphere that will enable student-athletes to realize their athletic potentials.
• Encourage self-discipline, high standards, team spirit and individual responsibility.
• Realize that academics are the primary concern of each student-athlete.