Medway Community Education is a self-sustaining department of the Medway Public Schools. The department provides year-round learning and enrichment programs. The programs support social, academic and physical growth for children and adults in Medway and surrounding communities.
Medway Community Education Safety Policies Relative to COVID-19:
Medway Community Education, as part of the Medway Public School District, continues to work closely with school administrators, as well as the Medway Board of Health, the Town of Medway and the CDC, to provide a safe, summer program experience for all children and staff members. Several important changes in the summer program day will include:
- Drop off/Pick up at specific locations with social distance guidelines in place
- Participant temperature check and verbal health screening required before entry to program
- No contact check-in/check-out - staff will sign participants into program
- Hand sanitizer/soap and water available at all programs
- Supervised hand washing and hand sanitizing throughout the program
- Cleaning and sanitizing high touch areas between each program
- Individual sets of craft supplies
- Social distancing guidelines at classroom tables, play areas, games, sports
- Masks, personal sanitizer, sunscreen (where applicable) should be labeled and brought in backpacks daily
Health Form & Immunization Record - Required at time of registration (Youth and Teens only)
Waiver - All registrants must sign the following during the registration progress:
Medway Public Schools/Town of Medway - Release of Liability
- Skyhawks Waiver (where applicable)
- F.A.S.T. Athletics Waiver (where applicable)
- Medway Public Schools/Town of Medway - Release of Liability
PROGRAM DETAILS: Scroll down and click on Read More for the program description and details.
- TO REGISTER - Click on the box and complete participant information.
- IMPORTANT - Carefully check your child's personal registration information if it has changed since last registering - age, grade, allergies, medical concerns, etc.
- DIRECTIONS - Click on the program location on the right side of this page.
PAYMENT - Payment is due at the time of registration or within 5 days if paying by check.
Drop-Off & Parking Information:
- Fitness/Sports programs in the Memorial Gym at Burke-Memorial - Please use the Center Street parking lot behind Burke-Memorial School, located off of Village Street. Enter door number #9.
- Theater/Drama programs in the Cafeteria at Burke-Memorial - Please use the main parking lot in front of Burke-Memorial School. Enter door #41 at the top of the staircase that lead directly to the cafeteria.
- Science/Art programs in the Burke Wing at Burke-Memorial - Please use the main parking lot in front of Burke-Memorial School. Enter door #36 leading into the Burke wing.
- Sports programs at the Middle School & High School - Please use the main parking lot for entry to the fields or gym.
Additional Program Information:
Summer Adventures Camp - Registrations are still being accepted. To Register: Visit the Summer Adventures Camp at Medway Middle School - Summer 2020 Adventures Program link in FamilyID.
Medway Community Farm - The Farm Staff is excited to offer new one-day farm workshops from 9:00am-12:00pm throughout the summer. Please scroll down to Course #D1A-20 for more information and to register.
Camp Invention - Online - Susan Lynch, Coach. Camp Invention Connect™ reaches far beyond what you have come to expect from distance learning, inspiring confidence and creativity through independent, hands-on exploration. Each participant will receive four materials kits representing the Elevate modules - Flight Lab, Design Thinking, Champions, Rescue Squad - packed by day. All kits come with full color instruction booklets with additional activities. Register using promo code SUM15 to save $15 (expires June 30).To Register: Visit www.campinvention.org/connect or call 800-968-4332. Ages: Entering Grades K-6 Fee: $175 Dates: July 13-17 Time: 9:00am
Fitness Programs - Please remember to wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Bring a mask, hand sanitizer, water bottle, snacks, sunscreen and a lunch for full day programs. Apply sunscreen to young children prior to arriving each morning.
Skyhawks Sports Programs - Participants receive the following items at the end of their program:
- T-Shirt - all programs
- Ball - Flag Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Multi-Sport and Mini-Hawk programs
- Merit Award - Multi-Sport, Mini-Hawk, and Track & Field programs
- Player Evaluation - Tennis, Flag Football, Volleyball and Basketball programs
Terrific Twos Preschool Program - Terrific Twos is a unique program developed for the younger preschool child. This program enhances socialization and hands-on learning of two and three year old children in a small group setting. Music, movement, stories, projects and free play are incorporated into a fun-filled morning. Classes meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from September 22, 2020 through May 20, 2021. Scroll down to A1-20 to view additional details and to register.
ed2go - The ed2go network offers hundreds of engaging online courses covering every topic from Speed Spanish to Quickbooks. Each course comes equipped with a patient and caring instructor, lively discussions with your fellow students and plenty of practical information that you can put to immediate use. Their instructors include some of the most well-known and trusted names in online education, and their dedication to customer service is second to none. You can take any course from the comfort of your home or office at the times that are most convenient to you. You can also choose to select a self-paced course to follow at your own pace and time. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to download a certificate of completion.
To browse the catalog and to register, visit www.ed2go.com/medwayce.