Welcome to the Bolton Center School Winter athletics program. The sports offered during this season are:
DEADLINE for online registration and participation fee is Wednesday, November 15, 2017 in order for students to participate on the first day of tryouts (no exceptions).
To participate on an athletic team, parents must complete the online registration and ensure that their ATHLETE HAS A PHYSICAL EXAMINATION dated within the past 13 MONTHS from the start of tryouts. If your physical has not expired you only need to fill-out the ONLINE REGISTRATION and bring your PARTICIPATION FEE to the BCS Main Office by November 15th.
If you are unsure of your athlete's physical expiration date please check with the school nurse or your private physician.
Physicals must be completed on the CT Health Assessment Record and have the section "This student may: participate fully in athletic activities and competitive sports" checked off by a doctor. Physical forms can be downloaded under links at the bottom right of the webpage.
Completed physical forms and participation fees must be forwarded to the BCS Main Office by November 15th.
Winter Sports Start Dates:
Tuesday, November 21, 2017
• ImPact Testing (All BCS athletes trying-out for a winter sports team will be transported to BHS to take the ImPact Test.) Any athlete who does not take the ImPact Test is prohibited from participating in sports.
Who needs to take the ImPact Test
1. All 6th grade students playing a winter sport who did not take the ImPact Test this past fall.
2. Any 7th grade students who are playing a winter sport and did not take the Impact Test as a 6th grader or this past fall.
3. All 8th grade students playing a winter sport that did not take the ImPact Test this past fall.
• Athletes who previously took the ImPact test for a fall sport (2017) DO NOT need to take the test.
Monday, November 27, 2017
• BCS Boys & Girls Basketball Tryouts - schedule to follow