Blue Mountain Union School is currently a one to one computing program in grades K-12. These programs are considered to be an educational best practice. Though the Chromebook will remain the property of the school, students will have the Chromebook assigned to them for use, at school and remote Wednesdays for grades K-4 and both at home and school for grades 5-12, throughout the school year (returning it to the school during summer vacation for maintenance).
The objectives of this program include the following:
- The promotion of student engagement and enthusiasm for learning
- Aide with resources and connections during remote learning days
- Increases in student computer literacy
- Abatement of 'Digital Divide' (i.e. providing access to technology outside of school to those students presently without - a known issue in our district)
- Preparation for the 21st century workplace
We will be waiving all fees associated with this program for the 2020-2021 school year.