We are required to submit a report to the DESE to an indication as to whether a student is eligible for assistance as a member of a military family as defined by the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children.
What Children Are Eligible for Assistance Under the Compact?
- Active duty members of the uniformed services, National Guard and Reserve on active duty orders
- Members or veterans who are medically discharged or retired for (1) year
- Members who die on active duty
What Children Are Not Eligible for Assistance Under the Compact?
- Inactive members of the National Guard and Reserves
- Members now retired not Covered above
- Veterans not covered above
- Dept. of Defense personnel, federal agency civilians and contract employees not defined as active duty.
Time is of the essence, please complete this registration as soon as possible ONLY if your child is eligible.