Welcome to Barnstable High School 2018 Spring Season:
Before any student can participate in Spring Sports Tryouts, the following requirements must be met:
1. The Athletic Office MUST have a copy of a current physical: for Spring Sports, a physical is current from 2.19.17 and on.
2. Registration must be complete on FamilyID.
3. An Athletic User Fee of $150 must be paid on MySchoolBucks by the end of tryouts. If payment fails to be made, players will be ineligible for games. We cannot accept checks or cash. If you have an extreme situation please contact the Athletic Office directly. If you qualify for the federal free/reduced lunch program please SKIP the payment step as the fee is waived. If you have more than one student playing sports at BHS - our family cap is $500, if you are about to reach your family cap please contact the athletic office for instructions on paying the balance. DO NOT OVERPAY ON MY SCHOOL BUCKS.
4. PHYSICAL & COMPLETED REGISTRATION on FamilyID by 3/16/18 in order to try out on 3/19/18 for winter sports. Students who are NOT registered on FamilyID by this date will NOT be able to participate at tryouts until it is completed.
***Remember...MIAA/Dept. of Public Health has changed the physical rules...please check your physical dates. They are good for 13 months - if they expire during the season, you have 30 days from the 12 month expiration date to submit a new one (by the 13th month) or you will become ineligible to participate.***
***The parents/guardians are responsible for filling out this form completely and ensuring that any and all medical information concerning your child's health, medical concerns, injuries, medications and allergies are reported to the Athletic Department & coaches.***
**If your contact or address information has changed since the start of the year please also let the student's house office know (if you haven't done so already)**
• Parents and athletes are encouraged to take this FREE 20 minute on line concussion course: go to www.nfhslearn.com click on 'Concussion in Sports; What You Need to Know'