BEFORE SCHOOL PROGRAMS - Spring 2018
BOKS at McGovern School & Memorial School - BOKS is a program sponsored by Reebok that aims to give students a body and brain “boost” that sets them up for a successful day of learning. Each session includes free play, meeting and warm up, running-related activity, skill of the week, end of class game, and cool down with a nutrition tip. Both schools offer two before school sessions a week, and breakfast is available for purchase before the start of the school day .
- McGovern Gym - Tuesdays & Wednesdays, March 6-April 5 and/or April 24-May 23 - 7:45-8:30am
- Memorial - Burke Gym - Mondays & Fridays, March 2-April 6 and/or April 23-May 25 - 7:25-8:10am
- Program fee - $15 for 10 sessions
- Breakfast - $1.50; available for purchase from each student's lunch account. (no charge for free/reduced students)
- Instructors - Mrs. Warner at McGovern and Ms. O'Neil at Memorial
- Volunteers - please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if able to assist
- Drop Off - parents/caregivers are responsible for making sure their child arrives promptly at each school's start time for all sessions
- Reebok Waiver Form - will be sent to all families after registering; must be returned before the first session
- YOGA at the High School - Imagine if you could feel good about taking a test or working on a project instead of feeling stressed! Come learn mindfulness techniques to help you keep calm and focused during even the most challenging times. Whether you are looking to develop new skills, elevate your performance, or just spend time with friends before school, this program will make a positive impact. Many top athletes, musicians, and artists use some of the same breathing and movement practices that you will learn! Get ready to reach for your biggest goals and dreams, while taking it all one day at a time.
- TO REGISTER - Scroll down or click on the green button to begin registration - continue to complete participant information.
- IMPORTANT - Please update your child's registration information if it has changed since last registering - age, grade, teacher, allergies, etc.