Welcome to Ayer Shirley Regional High School Athletic Registration.
* Both student and parent should participate in the online process, as signatures are needed from both
* An up-to-date physical (within 13 months) must be on file with the nurse's office in order to participate
* This online form must be completed in order to participate
* All policies and forms must be completed prior to trying out
This is the ONLY way to register for sports in the Ayer Shirley Regional School District
* User fee must be paid within two weeks of the start of the practice season (a once-a-year payment of $200 per participant for high school sports, $100 per participants for middle school sports, and a family cap of $500 per year).
Question: Why do some sports allow certain middle school athletes to play with the high school teams and others do not? Answer: Middle school waivers are based upon expected numbers. For example, boys' soccer numbers are expected to be lower than normal this year, so we asked the MIAA for a waiver for grade 8 students who are interested in playing junior varsity to keep our numbers high enough to have a JV team. This, in turn, should also create more room for kids on the middle school team, with the hope being that this will help the program grow as a whole. Girls' soccer, on the other hand, appears to have healthy numbers. The MIAA would not approve a middle school waiver unless the expected numbers demonstrate a clear need for it. In the case of sports that are offered at the middle and high school (boys' soccer and baseball, 8th grade students may choose to register for the JV team or the middle school team. Grade 8 students do not have to play for the JV team if they prefer to play on the middle school team, and there is no guarantee grade 8 students will make the JV team. If they do not, they may join the middle school team.