You must have Javascript enabled in order to view content.
Program logo

Auburn CSD 2021-2022 UPK Registration

AECSD UPK Registration Checklist and Information 

If you are not the birth parent, proof of custody/legal guardianship will be required. (Please see Custody Information below)

A parent/guardian must submit documentation and/or information establishing physical residence of the parent/guardian and the child in the School District.  Such documentation may include but shall not be restricted to the items listed below.  To register your child with the Auburn Enlarged City School District, you must be a district resident.  Proof of residency is required.  You must provide one of the following:

  1. Photo Identification of Registering Parent/Guardian
  2. Parent’s Proof of Residence
    • Lease or Deed -  dated and signed
    • Mortgage Statement or Tax Bill
    • Utility or Cable Bill
    • NYS Driver's License, Learner's Permit, or Non-Driver Identification
    • Furniture Rental Receipt
    • Pay Stub dated within the last two weeks showing address
    • Auto Insurance Card with address
    • Social Security Statements, DSS documentation or other documents issued by Federal, State, or Local Government Agencies
    • Court Orders or Court Issued Documents
    • Notarized Landlord Statement
  3. Please bring your child’s original Birth Certificate with you to registration.  If that is not available, a passport, immigration card, or certified hospital transcript may be used.
  4. Custody papers, if applicable (See Custody Information below)
  5. Special Education records, if applicable
  6. Physical Exam (dated within one year of scheduled school start date and MUST use enclosed physical form)
  7. Immunization Record (baby books are not acceptable proof)
  8. Proof of Lead Screening
  9. Proof of Dental Screening

In addition to the above-required documentation, the District also reserves the right to require:

    • Custody Papers
    • Custodial Affidavit
    • Parent Affidavit
    • Homeowner/Renter Affidavit
    • Proof of Immunizations

    Additional items if applicable:

    • High School/Junior High students – a copy of the student’s last report card.
    • Special Education – Copy of student’s IEP or 504 Plan
    • Custody Papers – if applicable
    • Foster Children – Provide social worker contact info and Form DSS-2999 from the County Department of Social Services.

    Custodial Information

    Custody disputes must be handled by the courts. By law, if parents are legally separated or divorced, each parent has equal rights to custody of and access to the child one of them has a signed court order that specifically provides otherwise.  The school has no legal right to refuse access by a biological or adoptive parent, or a legal guardian, to his/her child and/or the child's educational records, unless there is a current, valid, and binding court order that explicitly limits access to the student or the records. Additionally, an order limiting or denying visitation or other access to the child, is not sufficient to limit access to educational records in the absence of a court order explicitly denying or limiting access to records.

    If a parent has a current, valid, and binding court order limiting access to the child or records by the other parent or any other person, the school must have a copv of the court order on file at the office of each school building in which a covered child attends.  If a copy is not on file, the school will release children to their parents or guardian with proper identification, unless the best interests of the children require otherwise. Situations in which the welfare of students may be in question will be handled at the discretion of the Principal/designee. If in the judgment of the Principal/designee. parents or guardians engage in conduct that causes or poses a substantial threat of disruption to the school, the school will contact law enforcement and request assistance. The school will also contact the Department of Social Services, when appropriate.

    Parents are asked to make every attempt not to involve schools in custody matters. To reduce the potential for misunderstandings and disputes, please be sure to have current custody and access information on file at the school office for each of your children.

    Homeless Students

    Pursuant to Commissioner's Regulations, a "homeless child" means a child or youth who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence, including a child who is:

    a) Sharing the housing of other persons due to a loss of housing, economic hardship or a similar reason;
    b) Living in motels, hotels, trailer parks or camping grounds due to the lack of alternative adequate accommodations;
    c) Abandoned in hospitals;
    d) Awaiting foster care placement; or
    e) A migratory child living in circumstances described above.
    f) A child or youth who has a primary nighttime location that is:
         1. A supervised, publicly or privately-operated shelter designed to provide temporary living accommodations including, but not limited to, shelters operated or approved by the state or local department of social services, and residential programs for runaway and homeless youth established pursuant to Executive Law Article 19-H; or
         2. A public or private place not designed for, or ordinarily used as, a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings; including a child or youth who is living in a car, park, public space, abandoned building, substandard housing, bus or train station or similar setting.
    g) Considered an "unaccompanied youth":
         1. An unaccompanied youth is a homeless child (for whom no parent or person in parental relation is available) or youth not in the physical custody of a parent or legal guardian.
         2. An unaccompanied youth shall not include a child or youth who is residing with someone other than a parent or legal guardian for the sole reason of taking advantage of the schools of the district. The term "homeless child" shall not include a child in foster care or receiving educational services pursuant to Education Law Sections 3202(4), (5), (6), (6a) or (7) or pursuant to Articles 81, 85, 87 or 88. For example, a child in a family home at board, a school for the mentally retarded, a hospital or other institution for the care, custody and treatment of children; youths under the direction of the Division for Youth incarcerated in county correctional facilities or youth shelters; or children residing in child care institutions or schools for the deaf or blind would not be considered "homeless."

    Enrollment, Retention and Participation in the Educational Program

    Enrollment of homeless children shall not be delayed and their ability to continue or participate in the educational program shall not be restricted due to issues such as:

    a) Transportation;
    b) Immunization requirements;
    c) Residency requirements;
    d) Birth certificates, medical records, individualized education programs (IEPs), school records and other documentation;
    e) Guardianship issues;
    f) Comprehensive assessment and advocacy referral processes;
    g) Resolution of disputes regarding school selection;
    h) Proof of social security numbers;
    i) Attendance requirements;
    j) Sports participation rules;
    k) Inability to pay fees associated with extracurricular activities such as club dues and sportsuniforms; or
    l) Other enrollment issues.

    The School District shall provide homeless children and youth with access to all of its programs, activities and services to the same extent that they are provided to resident students.

    Homeless children and youth shall be educated as part of the school's regular academic program.

    SELECTION CRITERIA:  This program is open to all children who turn three years old (3 UPK) or four years old (UPK) on or before December 1st, and who live in the Auburn School District.  If we receive more applications than we have slots available prior to the application cutoff date, children will be randomly selected.  Site placement will be determined on the basis of daycare, financial income, and parental choice.

    INELIGIBILITY:  A child is ineligible for this program if he/she is enrolled in another pre-kindergarten program that is supported by public funds, such as a preschool special education program.  Students who are unable to attend Pre-Kindergarten 5 days per week, 2 1/2 hours per day (half-day program) or 5 hours per day (full-day program), for the entire school year are also ineligible.

    The Pre-Kindergarten program will be held at the locations listed below.  Due to limited space at some locations, the District CANNOT GUARANTEE your choice.

    Please indicate your First (1st) and Second (2nd) choice ONLY.  



    We CANNOT ACCEPT your child's completed application without the above-mentioned supporting documentation.

    Complete the Registration and Medical information in this form and submit with the required documentation.  If you are unable to upload documents in this Registration, you can:

    Mail or Drop off to Tina Brechue, Registrar, AECSD, 78 Thornton Avenue, Auburn, New York 13021

    Fax to Tina Brechue, Registrar at (315) 255-8858 or Email to

    For more information contact Tina Brechue at (315) 255-8825 or Michelle Kolceski at (315) 255-8613

    3 Year-Old Program FULL DAY - FIRST CHOICE LOCATION - November 24, 2020 to June 30, 2021
    3 Year-Old Program FULL DAY - SECOND CHOICE LOCATION - November 24, 2020 to June 30, 2021
    3 Year-Old Program HALF DAY - ONLY CHOICE LOCATION - November 24, 2020 to June 30, 2021
    4 Year-Old Program FULL DAY - FIRST CHOICE LOCATION - November 24, 2020 to June 30, 2021
    4 Year-Old Program FULL DAY - SECOND CHOICE LOCATION - November 24, 2020 to June 30, 2021
    Create Account
    Create an account if you are new to FamilyID
    Log in
    Log in if you are already a member of FamilyID