The COVID-19 pandemic has presented athletics across the world with a myriad of challenges concerning this highly contagious illness that primarily attacks the upper respiratory system. Some severe outcomes have been reported in children, and a child with a mild or even asymptomatic case of COVID-19 can spread the infection to others who may be far more vulnerable.
While it is not possible to eliminate all risk of furthering the spread of COVID-19, the NTSD will take necessary precautions and comply with guidelines from the federal, state, and local governments, CDC, PA DOH, as well as the NFHS and PIAA, to reduce the risks to students, coaches, and their families. As knowledge regarding COVID-19 is constantly changing, NTSD reserves the right to adjust and implement precautionary methods as necessary to decrease the risk of exposure for our staff, students, and spectators. Some precautionary methods in the NTSD Resocialization of Sports recommendations include but may not be limited to:
- Health screenings prior to any practice, event, or team meeting with participation in the activities being limited and/or prohibited where an individual displays positive responses or symptoms.
- Encourage social distancing and promote healthy hygiene practices such as hand washing, using hand sanitizer, etc.
- Intensify cleaning, disinfection, and ventilation in all facilities.
- Educate athletes, coaches, and staff on health and safety protocols.
- Require athletes and coaches to provide their own water bottle for hydration.
By signing this form, the undersigned voluntarily agree to the following Waiver and release and discharge all claims for ourselves, our heirs, and as a parent or legal guardian for the student named below, against the NTSD, its Board of Directors, successors, assigns, officers, agents, employees, and volunteers and will hold them harmless from any and all liability or demands for personal injury, psychological injury, sickness, death or claims resulting from personal injury or property damage, of any natural whatsoever which may be incurred by the student or the undersigned relating to or as a result of the student's participation in athletic programs, events, and activities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The undersigned acknowledge that participating in athletic programs, events, and activities may include a possible exposure to a communicable disease including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. The undersigned further acknowledge that they are aware of the risks associated with COVID-19 and that certain vulnerable individuals may have greater health risks associated with exposure to COVID-19, including individuals with serious underlying health conditions such as, but not limited to: high blood pressure chronic lung disease, diabetes, asthma, and those whose immune systems that are compressed by chemotherapy for cancer, and other conditions requiring such therapy. While particular recommendations and personal discipline may reduce the risks associated with participating in athletics during the COVID-19 pandemic,the risk of serious illness, medical complications and possible death does exist.
1. Both parents and students must read the Participation Waiver for Communicable Diseases including COVID-19 as set forth by the Neshannock Township School Board - Each child must register on this site. If you do not have access to a computer or have trouble filling out the on-line registration, please contact the Athletic Office. We'd be happy to help you with that process.
2. Students and Parents must sign the Participation Waiver for Communicable Diseases Including COVID-19 -
If you have any questions or problems with this site, please contact the support line at FamilyID at 1-781-205-2800 EXT 1 or email@example.com or contact the Neshannock High School Office at 724-658-5513.