Please read carefully and note that any information provided is subject to change at any time.
All Ashe County Youth Football League workouts will take place under the guidelines set forward by the North Carolina High School Athletic Association. All workouts will take place outdoors. For each secession, a maximum of 25 people (Coaches and Athletes combined) are allowed to participate at any specific venue.
It’s important to note that all of these workouts are strictly voluntary and none of these sessions are considered mandatory.
Workout Session Guidelines - Please Read Carefully
● Athletes are allowed to participate in 1 session per day. The secession will not exceed 90 minutes and that includes check-in.
● Prior to participating, each athlete will be screened in their cars before attending the session. This will include a temperate reading.
● Athletes must report in appropriate attire for the workout.
● Athletes must bring their own water / water thermos and must be labeled with First and Last Name.
● Athletes must wear a mask before and after workouts begin. Please bring a Ziploc bag with your First and Last Name on it to store your mask during the workouts.
● No sharing of any personal items.
● Parents / Spectators are NOT allowed during phase 1. Parents can remain in vehicles during the workouts if they desire, but you CANNOTbe out of your vehicle, on the field or even in the parking lot. If you do, you and your athlete will be asked to leave and not return.
● Athletes should not have any contact during these workout sessions and should practice social distancing at all times.
● Once the workout has ended, athletes must leave the venue immediately.
● Athletes should shower and wash clothing immediately after they return home.
Checklist Items for Workout Sessions:
Following are the requirements to attend conditioning sessions. If an athlete shows up without any of these items, they will be sent home. Athletes will be screened in their vehicles and have their temperatures recorded for each workout. We strongly encourage that athletes DO NOT ride together (unless siblings), because if any athlete in the car does not meet temperature requirements, everyone in the car will be asked to leave.
- Must have a current Physical. (may be uploaded on this site or turned in on the first day you attend a workout session)
- Complete Pre-Screening Form on the Family ID Program.
- Mask (Ziploc bag with Name).
- Water Bottle / Thermos (With Name). We cannot provide water due to restrictions. - There will not be any public restrooms during workouts. (Please NOTE).
- Dressed out and ready to participate.
Entrance / Exit Points:
- When entering the campus, please pull to the marked area near for temp. check. Athletes will be instructed at that time where to go.
- If you are staying during the workout sessions and staying in your car please practice social distancing.
Exposure of an Athlete, Coach, or Staff Member:
If a person on the team tests positive for COVID-19, ALL members of their group and those who had close contact with that individual should:
● Quarantine (Stay at Home) for 14 days after your last exposure, unless you have a negative PCR COVID-19 test.
● Check your temperature twice a day and watch for developing symptoms of COVID-19.
● If possible, stay away from people who are at a higher-risk for getting ill.
TO RESUME WORKOUTS, and athlete or coach must meet each of the following criteria:
1. No fever for 72 hours without fever reducing medications, since recovery
2. Resolution of respiratory symptoms
3. At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first recorded
4. A note of clearance from a licensed medical provider 9MD, DO, NP, PA)