Arundel High School understands that many seniors wish to drive to school during the year. However, due to the limited number of senior parking spaces available, NOT all seniors will receive a parking permit.
Seniors who are granted parking privileges will be charged a $15 non-refundable fee per semester. Payment is required at the time a permit is issued at the Parking Orientation Meeting. Fees go toward parking and building improvement related expenses.
Seniors who currently have a valid Maryland Driver's License and meet the qualifications below may apply for parking privileges.
Seniors who drive and park vehicles on school grounds are subject to all traffic laws and local school rules.
Qualifications for Parking:
- Senior with 18 credits earned toward graduation
- Minimum unweighted cumulative GPA of 2.0
- No outstanding student financial obligations
- Valid Maryland Driver's License
- Access to a car on a regular basis
- Must have been invited and attended ONE Parking Orientation Meeting to be issued a permit
Procedures for Allocation of Parking Permits: Parking is awarded to Seniors based on the following order of priority:
Priority #1: Seniors participating in one of the following during the school day: ROTC/school-supervised work/AACPS internship programs needed to meet graduation requirements
- Proof of Internship/Work Study Required (including acceptance letter from employing company).
- Proof must be uploaded to Family ID at the time of application.
- Enrollment will be verified by the AACPS Internship Coordinator
Priority #2: Seniors participating in Anne Arundel Community College Early College Access Program (ECAP) during the school day:
- The off campus course must begin before 3:30pm.
- Proof of Enrollment Required. Applicants will need to submit a copy of the AACC billing statement with course(s) listed or a copy of the class schedule.
Proof must be uploaded to Family ID at the time of application.
- Enrollment will be verified by AACC. Students who drop AACC courses will lose parking privileges.
Priority #3: Lottery
- All remaining parking permits will be allocated via lottery to students who have met the minimum requirements.
**It is important to note: PARKING IS NOT GUARANTEED for any senior, including those who have a partial schedule, work, sports, extracurricular activities or for childcare.
Parking on School Property is a Privilege NOT a Right. Unauthorized parking at Arundel High School will result in a monetary parking ticket not to exceed $40 per incident, towed vehicle at owner's expense and/or other disciplinary action.