Arundel High School understands that many students wish to drive to school during their Senior year. However, due to the limited number of student parking spaces available, not all applicants will receive a parking permit.
Students who are granted parking privileges will be charged a $15 non-refundable fee per semester. Payment is required at the time a permit is issued at the Parking Orientation Meeting. Fees go toward parking and building improvement related expenses.
Students who currently have a valid Maryland Driver's License and meet the qualifications below may apply for parking privileges. If you need a parking space for the entire school year, please fill out the "parking application for the year" application. If you do not need a parking space until second semester, please fill out "parking application for second semester - only".
Students who drive and park vehicles on school grounds are subject to all traffic laws and local school rules.
Qualifications for Parking:
- Senior with 18 credits earned toward graduation
- Minimum unweighted cumulative GPA of 2.0
- No outstanding student financial obligations
- Valid Maryland Driver's License
- Access to a car on a regular basis
- Must have been invited and attended ONE Parking Orientation Meeting to be issued a permit
Procedures for Allocation of Parking Permits: Parking is awarded to Seniors based on the following order of priority:
Priority #1: Students participating in one of the following during the school day: ROTC/school-supervised work/internship programs needed to meet graduation requirements
- Enrollment will be verified by the AACPS Internship Coordinator
- Proof of Internship/Work Study Required.
Priority #2: Students participating in one of the following during the school day: Anne Arundel Community College Early College Access Program (ECAP)
- Proof of Enrollment Required. Applicants will need to submit a copy of the AACC billing statement with course(s) listed or a copy of the class schedule
- Enrollment will be verified by AACC. Students who drop AACC courses will lose parking privileges.
Priority #3: Lottery
- All remaining parking permits will be allocated via lottery to students who have met the minimum requirements.
**It is important to note: PARKING IS NOT GUARANTEED for any students, including those who have a partial schedule, work, sports, extracurricular activities or for childcare.
Parking on School Property is a Privilege NOT a Right. Unauthorized parking at Arundel High School will result in a monetary parking ticket not to exceed $40 per incident, towed vehicle at owner's expense and/or other disciplinary action.