Below you will find important information to prepare you for the upcoming 2018 Fall Sports Season. In order to be cleared to coach this 2018 Fall Season with an Archbishop Carroll athletics team, you must go through a registration/clearance process. This process allows us to collect all necessary PIAA forms, medical/emergency contact information, and relay all pertinent athletics department information. With the athletics office having the hard copies of most of your clearance work, we will be scanning digital copies of your clearance work to make the transition easier when you create/register for the fall season. If you still need clearance work, you can utilize the links/resources on the homepage once registered or you can email Bill O’Donnell and he will email you a digital copy of any paperwork needed. All paperwork must be correct and cleared by the office to begin coaching day 1.
As of Monday, July 16th, 2018, Archbishop Carroll Athletics will be utilizing a new portal called Family ID. This portal will be the online registration platform to facilitate the PIAA Clearance Paperwork. Moving forward we will no longer be accepting hard copy versions of the PIAA Clearance Paperwork. We will now monitor year to year the Coaches clearance work and simply update as needed year-to-year, season-by-season.
Timelines for Fall Athlete Registration:
- Must be completely registered by Friday, August 3, 2018
** Below you will find the step-by-step process families can follow to make sure their athletes are cleared to participate this upcoming fall.
STEP #1 - CREATE A FAMILY ID ACCOUNT TO REGISTER YOUR STUDENT ATHLETE/S:
1. Scroll Down the page to Programs. Click on Fall Coach Certification Registration 2018.
2. Click on the Register Now button and go down to Create Account / Log In.
3. Create your secure Family ID account by entering the account owner first and last names (parent/guardian), email address and password.
4. Select I Agree to the Family ID Terms of Service.
5. Click Create Account.
6. You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your email filters (spam, junk, etc.)
7. Click on the link in your activation email, which will log you into FamilyID.com.
STEP #2 – COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION/CLEARANCE PROCESS & UPLOAD YOUR PHYSICAL ON FAMILY ID:
Once your family ID account is active, you can now begin registering your student athlete to complete the clearance process.
1. Start to fill out all fields on the registration form. Those marked with a red* are required to have an answer.
2. In the Participant Information Section, you will be asked to upload a copy all every clearance, certification, or other necessary paperwork needed to be cleared to coach day 1.
3. Work down the rest of the registration form and click Continue when your form is complete.
4. Review your registration summary.
· Information About Athlete's Doctor’s PIAA Physical Section 6 Form:
o Every athlete will still be required to have a doctor’s physical, which needs to take place AFTER June 1, 2018. Physicals dated before June 1, 2018 will not be valid.
o The doctor performing the physical will need to fill out Section 6 of the PIAA physical paperwork. The family will need to print that form and bring it to the doctor on the date of your physical so that he/she can sign it once the physical is complete. Once complete and signed, this is what student athletes will scan and upload to Family ID.
o Important: Only the official PIAA Section 6 form will be accepted for registration.
o Athletes who upload physicals on a different form other than the Section 6 form will not be approved to participate.
o There will be an additional tab to upload any other document that may be needed (I.e care forms for asthma, diabetes, conditions)
STEP #3 – ATTEND THE FALL PRE – SEASON INFORMATION MEETING:
On Thursday, August 9, 2018, all Archbishop Carroll Fall Sports Athletes and at least one parent/s must attend a MANDATORY Fall Sports Meeting. During this time they will meet with Frank, Tom and the Parents. Each Head Coach will be given a designated area/classroom following the Intro and Q/A with Frank and Tom. At this time you will go over your program briefly, introduce yourself and your staff and field any questions from the parents.
August 9, 2018 – FALL SPORTS MEETING SCHEDULE:
- 5:30pm – Mass; Coaches, Student Athletes are expected to attend mass.
- 6:00 – 6:15 - Athletic Director Introduction to Students/Parents in Auditorium
- 6:30 – 7:00 – Individual Team Meetings – Students & Parents will meet with their respective Head Coach to field any further questions.