Your AP number is required to complete this application. If you do not have a College Board account, you will need to create one. If you already have a College Board account (or more than 1 account), you will need to update/merge your credentials. When you have completed creation of the College Board account, show your the account information to your AP teacher.
The AP teacher(s) will provide a JOIN code to access course work, assessments and other resources aligned with the AP test. This will help you prepare for the exam.
If you need help accessing your College Board account, visit: collegeboard.org/account-help
Students who plan to participate in AP testing MUST complete ALL required sections of the online registration by October 28, 2019 and submit payment to South River High School by November 1, 2019.
The 2020 AP Exams will be administered May 4 - 8 and May 11 - 15. Early testing or testing at times other than published by the College Board IS NOT PERMITTED under ANY circumstances.
- Advanced Placement Testing will be given at Riva Trace Baptist Church, 475 Central Avenue East, Davidsonville, MD 21035. Note: some students with accommodation requirements will test at South River High School, at the directive of the school test coordinator.
- The length of each test varies by subject - most exams take 3 - 3.5 hours of actual testing time. Breaks, pre-exam preparation, and collection of materials after exams requires additional time requirements. Parents can expect morning exams to finish by 12:00pm and afternoon exams by 4:00pm. Please note: End times are approximate - students are dismissed when ALL materials have been collected.
- Students are expected to arrive by 7:30am for morning exams and 11:30am for afternoon exams (Physics C: Electricity/Magnetism should report by 1:30pm unless taking another afternoon exam). Students who arrive after the exam has begun will not be admitted.
- NO student may leave the exam room until dismissed at the end of the test session.
- Students who have after-school obligations, such as athletics or work, are responsible for making arrangements with coaches/employers to accommodate AP testing.
- NO FOOD/DRINKS PERMITTED DURING TESTING SESSIONS - See the food/drink policy for more information regarding snacks and lunch (for double test days).
- Students taking afternoon exams MUST provide their own transportation home. AFTERNOON EXAMS WILL NOT BE FINISHED IN TIME FOR THE SRHS SCHOOL BUS HOME.
- PARKING IS LIMITED at Riva Trace Baptist Church. Students are encouraged to car pool, take the bus, or arrange drop-off/pick-up.
- Parking is permitted ONLY in designated areas. See Church Map for more information.
- Riva Trace Baptist Church is a pre-school provider - for the safety of the children, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO CHURCH POSTED SIGNS regarding allowed parking areas, direction of travel, and speed.
- NO PARKING/NO PICK-UPS IN FIRE LANES.
Late Testing Requests - See the Late Testing information on the application. Should late testing be required, please contact the Test Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: if a student needs two exams which occur at the same time, testing for the second exam will be scheduled for a late-testing date.
SRHS Attendance Recording:
- Students are not required to attend classes on the day(s) of AP examination and may be marked present with the submission of an AP Attendance Form prior to May 1, 2020.
- For attendance reporting, including to call out sick for an exam, contact Mrs Price at email@example.com
- If you are not able to sit for an exam due to illness, parents must contact Mr Moore prior to the start of the test session.
FEES FOR TESTING - test fees may be paid online with credit card, by cash or check (payable to SRHS).
- Payments may be made online or submitted to Mrs Eutsler in the Main Office.
- Your registration IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL FEES HAVE BEEN PAID IN FULL.
- REQUESTS FOR FINANCIAL AID must be submitted to Mrs Eutsler by November 1, 2019
- A $40 FEE WILL BE APPLIED TO ALL STUDENTS WHO ORDER A TEST, THEN DO NOT TAKE THE EXAM - EVEN IF A FEE WAIVER HAS BEEN APPLIED and that test was to be administered for free
- Additional fees may be required for late testing sessions
- Unpaid fees for AP testing will be turned in as an obligation to the student and WILL affect prom/graduation ticket processing
NO REFUNDS will be issued to students who are asked to leave, or fail to report to, a testing session.
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE - October 28, 2019
- PAYMENT DEADLINE - November 1, 2019