Sixth graders can participate in our Cross Country Enrichment Program
Cross Country - Coach: William Sheppard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This online registration needs to be completed by September 19th, 2018.
- There is a $60 USER FEE for all candidates participating in cross country. Fee must be paid before the first game/meet.
- Please make sure an up to date physical is on file with the nurse. Physical has to be dated not earlier than August 15, 2017.
- Coach will have an Informational meeting for all 6th graders during 6th grade lunches
- Cross Country for 6th grade will begin on Friday, September 21st.
- Registration opens on 7/1/18 @ 7:00am
- Registration closes on 9/19/18 @ 7:00pm
If your child is interested in participating they should attend an informational meeting. These meetings are held during the last ten minutes of each lunch period on a specific date. Students are informed about this meeting through daily announcements and in the daily bulletin. If your child missed the informational meeting they can speak to the coach individually. If you have any questions, please call or email Katrina Antonellis (617) 559-6900.
It is the intent of athletic programs to provide opportunities for participation for as many students as possible. Budget constraints, safety concerns, and available facilities, however make a "no cut" policy difficult. Prior to the start of a season, coaches will advise parents and students of the try-out and participation policy for each sport. Every effort will be made to accommodate as many students as possible with regard to safety, playing time, and available facilities, but coaches may follow pre-established and announced cutting policies.
The fostering of participation and sportsmanship, as well as the physical, emotional, and ethical development of a student in a competitive situation are emphasized. Inherent in this philosophy is the belief that winning is not the major goal of an athletic program. Coaches are encouraged to play every team member when game circumstances permit use of substitutions.
There is an enrichment fee for athletes who participate on this team. The enrichment fee is $60.00. Enrichment fee can be paid online (see fee payment & waiver information in our school athletic page).
The late bus times: There will be a 4:15pm Newton bus for triple "E" activities. A 5:15 Newton bus for athletes and a 4:30pm METCO bus.